Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been looking around and can'tnfind a straight-up answer to my newest quesiton. If I cap off the charcoal cannister, will this affect performance and will this cause p[roblems with my car? I know what it does and how it is used. will this also cause knocking?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pull the canister and cap the lines. it works fine and no lights or codes were thrown. there were four lines two from the gas tank by the fire wall one vaccumn line to the intake manifold and one line that went to the EGR system behind the intake manifold. pull the lines and cap the shafts. the cannister takes a little fannagiling to get out.
figured it out. hope this helps someone.
-mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pointless peice of crap that takes up space and looks hideous. I pulled it the hoses the cannister and the mount are now in my side patio. If I need to put it back on I will. so far no new problems. Just the same ol' annoying IACV and oil leaks problems. Getting them fixed when I got time. as long as the car is still driveable and doesn't "blow-up" I'm fine with the problems. lol
As far as I know of and the research i've done tells me its more useless tha the EGR system.
-mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts