Nissan Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I think they said that before the Dodge recall was posted ;)
and our cars arent bad at all...their recalls are minor compared to other severe safety recalls.

·
Registered
20 Posts
feomateo said:
It probably isn't the cat because I got that fixed by the dealership and the stupid check engine light is still on.
The ECU is the computer. My engine light went on, too; the car drove fine so I ignored it for a week or so. Then the car started driving REAL bad; low power, erratic revs, the works. The dealer said there was a recall for the ECU (this is mentioned many times throughout this chatroom), something about the insulation breaking down and messing up the components. Anyhow, long story short, the new ECU (computer) did the trick. This is an official recall so there should be no charge and it fixes the problem. Now, if they can just do a recall on the smelly heater coil...

·
Registered
91 Posts
ewraven said:
I bought my 02 Spec V in November of 2001; shouldn't I have gotten a recall notice? I've gotten them in the past; strange.

My SE-R sees 6250RPM every time I drive it; it does use a little oil but otherwise has been running great the last 32k miles. That is with three thousand mile oil changes with Mobil 1 and Nissan brand filters. I'm not too pleased with the oil burning; but it's only about a fourth of a quart every three thousand miles, so it's not like I have constantly add oil to it.

well damn. . . if you are reachin 6k rpm everytime you drive it. . . of course you are going to have some oil burn off. and besides. . . . forth of a quart is nothing. . . .that won't even bring most cars from Max to the half mark for oil level.

and if you want to give your car a KYjelly feeling. . . give it some LUCAS synthetic oil additive :banhump: :balls:

·
Registered
46 Posts
poor idle at correct rpm...make sense..

I was searching the forums about poor idle on the 2.5 Nissan SER Spec v, quick notes: the car is 2002 with 31K miles. I’m running the NGK plugs, car well taken care of, normal oil changes and upkeep.

I have had an AEM CAI for some time without any issues. In the mornings, when I go to warm the car up, I let it do it’s thing to just under 1k rpm before I leave to work. I noticed that the car idles at the rpm that is should, but it just isn’t smooth. The idle seems erratic. It’ doesn’t bounce all over the place, it just is not smooth! It isn’t until I actually drive the car a little, or down the road a bit, when the rpm finally smoothes out.

Question: why when the car first starts out, you know, just getting up in the morning to go to work, is the idle not smooth? Second, why would it take a little driving down the road to smooth out at the stoplight all of a sudden? It doesn’t make sense. Is it the computer, sensors, doesn’t know what the hell to do during cold driving/mornings. It goes through this same routine if it be 30 degrees or 70 degrees outside…suggestions anyone..

jsee

·
Registered
46 Posts
NickZac, no - i do not think it is related to cold weather either, it has the rough idle at start up every day. It even does this if i go into work for a few hours, then go out for lunch.. I can expect rough idle until I drive it down the road.

What would be the grounding issue? I have not had the car hooked up to a computer yet to read any codes, but it's been doing this for a while...I just never thought anything of it until i saw the NHTSA and TSB issue numbers on it.

Is or has anyone else had this issue.. also.. after it figures out what it wants to do, it seems as though it wants to idle between 50 to 100 rps higher sometimes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an 03 Sentra B15. My car shows the same problems as described here in the forum. My issue is that I dont live in the US. does the recall apply? I took it to the local dealer and the repair costs are outrageous (2,500 Us$) and I am fairly sure they're trying to rip me off.
Any ideas? alternatives (in case the recall does not apply)??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I had a nice experience with the ECM recall today. I was on the highway doing about 75 when I all of a sudden have no power and lose about 20 MPH. I was lucky to avoid an accident. Also, Nissan read me off their recall info and said "At low speeds this could cause the engine to stop, increasing the risk of an accident." Well, 75 MPH isn't exactly a low speed, so I'll make sure I get my two cents in when I get this fixed. I'm driving an 04 Spec V, by the way.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.