Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
specV Addict
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recall Alert: INFINITI G35, INFINITI I35, INFINITI M45, INFINITI Q45, NISSAN 350Z, NISSAN ALTIMA, NISSAN MAXIMA, NISSAN SENTRA
Owner Notification Date: Dec 02, 2003
Number of Units Potentially Affected: 630000
Component Description: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
NHTSA Campaign Number: 03V455000 Schedule an Appointment

Description of Recall Campaign: ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.
THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING DECEMBER 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Recall Alert: NISSAN SENTRA
Number of Units Potentially Affected: 276000
Component Description: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION:MODULE
NHTSA Campaign Number: 03V477000 Schedule an Appointment

Description of Recall Campaign: ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH THE QG18DE ENGINE OR QR25DE ENGINES, THE FOAM MATERIAL USED FOR THE INTERIOR LINING OF THE ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE (ECM) BOX OUT-GASES SULFUR AS IT CURES.
IF ONE OF THE RESISTORS INSIDE THE ECM HAS A CRACK ON THE SURFACE COATING, THE GAS MAY CAUSE CORROSION OF THE RESISTOR. THIS COULD CAUSE THE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT TO COME ON, POOR DRIVABILITY (IDLE INSTABILITY, POOR ACCELERATOR), OR THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

DEALERS WILL REMOVE THE INSIDE LINING MATERIAL FROM THE ECM BOX. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING DECEMBER 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
SilverBullitt03 said:
I got rid of my Ford truck because I was tired of the dealer and the recalls and warranty stuff!

This isn't cool!!

same boat, my saturn was in and out of the shop, went with a max next and loved the VQ, no probs at all (cept a new clutch at 115K, with 3 people learning stick on the car- I guess you cant have everything) the spec was the next nissan car i had, i guss there is a "few" bugs in the new 2.5 liter four banger... some bugs still being worked out... shouldnt this crap be done with in its 3rd model year of production!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
SilverBullitt03 said:
I got rid of my Ford truck because I was tired of the dealer and the recalls and warranty stuff!

This isn't cool!!
:thumbdwn: Yeah i agree......i know its a new car and expected a reacall, but not every month.......hmmmmmm i should have bought my hemi truck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
?

tekmode said:
Recall Alert: INFINITI G35, INFINITI I35, INFINITI M45, INFINITI Q45, NISSAN 350Z, NISSAN ALTIMA, NISSAN MAXIMA, NISSAN SENTRA
Number of Units Potentially Affected: 630000
Component Description: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
NHTSA Campaign Number: 03V455000 Schedule an Appointment

Description of Recall Campaign: ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.
THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING DECEMBER 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Recall Alert: NISSAN SENTRA
Number of Units Potentially Affected: 276000
Component Description: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION:MODULE
NHTSA Campaign Number: 03V477000 Schedule an Appointment

Description of Recall Campaign: ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH THE QG18DE ENGINE OR QR25DE ENGINES, THE FOAM MATERIAL USED FOR THE INTERIOR LINING OF THE ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE (ECM) BOX OUT-GASES SULFUR AS IT CURES.
IF ONE OF THE RESISTORS INSIDE THE ECM HAS A CRACK ON THE SURFACE COATING, THE GAS MAY CAUSE CORROSION OF THE RESISTOR. THIS COULD CAUSE THE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT TO COME ON, POOR DRIVABILITY (IDLE INSTABILITY, POOR ACCELERATOR), OR THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

DEALERS WILL REMOVE THE INSIDE LINING MATERIAL FROM THE ECM BOX. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING DECEMBER 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.

Maybe I missed it, but does the first recall apply to the 2.0--SR20DE, specfically a 2001 SE?

Thanks,
Curt B. Shumaker

·
Registered
15 Posts
2000 Sentra Se (sr20de) Been In The Shop For A Ac Line & A Starter (warranty) 86k & She Hits 6250 Shifts Every Day So Not All New Cars Have Issues (this Is Comming From A Ase Cert Tech Do The Little Mantance Things The'll Run 4 Ever, Unless Its A Ford)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought my 02 Spec V in November of 2001; shouldn't I have gotten a recall notice? I've gotten them in the past; strange.

My SE-R sees 6250RPM every time I drive it; it does use a little oil but otherwise has been running great the last 32k miles. That is with three thousand mile oil changes with Mobil 1 and Nissan brand filters. I'm not too pleased with the oil burning; but it's only about a fourth of a quart every three thousand miles, so it's not like I have constantly add oil to it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I never received a recall notice on my 02 GXE, and it has been nearly two months, since the recall came out. If it wasn't for the forums here, I would have probablly never found out.

Update: Called Nissan, and they were going to look in to why I never received my notice (If they did that, pigs will fly).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got some info about Nissan on this recall

I dropped my Sentra off yesterday on the Cam Sensor and ECU recall. I talked to the service manager Dave, who was helping me on trying to get my fender fix. He stated to me, Nissan was taking there time to send out recall notices, due to the scope of how many Sentras have these problems. They didn't want a mad rush at the Service departments.

That was the reason why I didn't get my notice, and also, my sentra is one of the last 02's off the line.

·
Registered
49 Posts
estrauss11 said:
I dropped my Sentra off yesterday on the Cam Sensor and ECU recall. I talked to the service manager Dave, who was helping me on trying to get my fender fix. He stated to me, Nissan was taking there time to send out recall notices, due to the scope of how many Sentras have these problems. They didn't want a mad rush at the Service departments.

That was the reason why I didn't get my notice, and also, my sentra is one of the last 02's off the line. This is downright stinks in my book, my wifes 94 Sentra LE never had a recall or anything else on it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Exbauer said:
Thanks for letting me know. I have not received mine either.
Just remember to get the recall info from
http://www.nissanusa.com
Then click on Owning > Recalls, choose your model and year and look at the recall and see if your Sentra is affected. Then print the recall(s), by highlighting the recall text, then File > Print (make sure you choose Print Selection options) and then print out the recall(s). Then contact your local dealership and schedule an appointment, you should have it back the same day.
I hope this helps.

Eric :thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ecu Recall

I got the recall work done yesterday. I've also been experiencing sputtering or near stall when shifting to drive and when cold. Also, check engine light was on. I was hoping to identify the problem when they did the recall work. The light came back on today. How can I get the trouble codes (flash codes)? It's a 2000 Sentra GXE.

·
Registered
9 Posts
O2, cat, or computer?

Over 2 years ago the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light went on. Took it the mechanic got a new 02 sensor. Light was still on, he didn't know what it was. I didn't do anything about it for two years. Car runs excellent. Went for a recall earlier this year Nissan said that it is the oxygen sensor. Didn't get it fixed. Went for inspection in May. Failed. Reason p0420. Went back to NISSAN, they said they couldn't fix it cause they are not authorized by the state to do emission work once the car failed inspection. I later went to 3 mechanics, this is what they told me. It needs a new cat converter. It needs an 02 sensor. It need a new computer. Question number one: Is the computer in a car called ECU? Is that what they mean when they talk about ECU? the computer of the car? Does anyone know anything about this. Has anyone had the same problem?
Thank you. :)

rpaquet said:
I got the recall work done yesterday. I've also been experiencing sputtering or near stall when shifting to drive and when cold. Also, check engine light was on. I was hoping to identify the problem when they did the recall work. The light came back on today. How can I get the trouble codes (flash codes)? It's a 2000 Sentra GXE.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm confused. Read your emissions warranty. I acually don't know it, but 7 years 70K miles is becoming really standard. I think the EPA might acually push that one.

If your waranty papers say your problems is covered and Nissan doesn't, then simply contact the EPA.

I'm reading way too many post latly about Nissan tring to get out of covering failures. Nissan is doing a Mitsubishi. If Nissan keeps this up, they won't be able to sell cars without doing 0 payments o intrest shit. That worked out really well. Our spec v is the first and only Nissan we have ever owned. Nissan is not the same company at all. After owning a spec v, I am in the domestic market now. Geez.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine has been in the shop for, well ,nothing have 55k and lots of mods. I have run synthetic and MOA since I hit 1000 miles. ANd synthetic Trans fluid since 10k.
ted02rs said:
2000 Sentra Se (sr20de) Been In The Shop For A Ac Line & A Starter (warranty) 86k & She Hits 6250 Shifts Every Day So Not All New Cars Have Issues (this Is Comming From A Ase Cert Tech Do The Little Mantance Things The'll Run 4 Ever, Unless Its A Ford)

·
Registered
2 Posts
matty said:
Over 2 years ago the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light went on. Took it the mechanic got a new 02 sensor. Light was still on, he didn't know what it was. I didn't do anything about it for two years. Car runs excellent. Went for a recall earlier this year Nissan said that it is the oxygen sensor. Didn't get it fixed. Went for inspection in May. Failed. Reason p0420. Went back to NISSAN, they said they couldn't fix it cause they are not authorized by the state to do emission work once the car failed inspection. I later went to 3 mechanics, this is what they told me. It needs a new cat converter. It needs an 02 sensor. It need a new computer. Question number one: Is the computer in a car called ECU? Is that what they mean when they talk about ECU? the computer of the car? Does anyone know anything about this. Has anyone had the same problem?
Thank you. :)
It probably isn't the cat because I got that fixed by the dealership and the stupid check engine light is still on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
nypdgirl said:
:thumbdwn: Yeah i agree......i know its a new car and expected a reacall, but not every month.......hmmmmmm i should have bought my hemi truck!
Hemi trucks, huh? Aren't those the ones being recalled because the wheels are falling off..?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts