Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 SE-R Automatic (i wanted the spec, but the parents were being tight). I'm almost sure that i want to put the Stillen exhaust on it, but i've been reading things about the stillen sounding like a rice burner. I dont mind it being loud, as long as it is sounds classy, rather than that farting noise.

I heard the stromung is a better exhaust but i dont wanna spend 600 on an exhaust. also, stillen mostly makes parts for nissans, which gives me reassurance that their exhaust is perfect for the se-r.

Anyone with feedback, feel free to share your thoughts.

Also, if anyone has either the stromung or Stillen exhaust on their SE-R or Spec-V, let me know how it sounds, and how you like it.

MiKe

·
I am Popo Bawa
220 Posts
I am almost sure that I saw a specV on the lot for less than some of those auto SE-R's. The auto tranny is about 800 bucks, so you should have been able to get a base specV for about the same $$$.
I wouldn't complain too much though, if your parents bought you that car, it is a lot better than my first car! 1983 AMC Eagle station wagon (4 wheel drive)

Talk about a snail mobile! Looked like one, and performed like one! Was good for the Michigan winters though!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
SE-R420 said:
I have a 2002 SE-R Automatic (i wanted the spec, but the parents were being tight). I'm almost sure that i want to put the Stillen exhaust on it, but i've been reading things about the stillen sounding like a rice burner. I dont mind it being loud, as long as it is sounds classy, rather than that farting noise.

I heard the stromung is a better exhaust but i dont wanna spend 600 on an exhaust. also, stillen mostly makes parts for nissans, which gives me reassurance that their exhaust is perfect for the se-r.

Anyone with feedback, feel free to share your thoughts.

Also, if anyone has either the stromung or Stillen exhaust on their SE-R or Spec-V, let me know how it sounds, and how you like it.

MiKe
buy a magnflow muffler and vrs piping the total cost will be under $500:p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didint mean the spec-v was too much money, even tho im paying for it. its that my parents didint want me to have a stick because they thouight it wasnt good in the highly populated area that i live in, about 20 miles east of NYC.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tragedy. Do your parents even know how to drive manual? I live in Vancouver and even during rushhour i love my manual

actually both of my parents can drive manual, including myself, very well at that. My dad owns a z3, which is stick. I cant say that i would like to drive stick and burn the shit out of clutches in the amouint of traffic that im in on a regular basis. i live in the most populated area in the damn country, so i dont wanna hear anything from people up in bumble f**K (vancouver)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts