Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Moved on...Ciao!
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, y'all know that I got an '87 Pulsar with the E16i; There's a parts yard here closing its doors at the end of the month and they got everything in the yard at 50% off...and they got a Pulsar in there with the CA18DE and 5-speed. I'm debating purchase, even if it is a core. Of course, I'll need the bracketry, harness, brain, fuel pump, drive shafts, et al. Oh...and front springs. The engine is $75, tranny is $25. Whaddya think?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
if u dont buy it im gonna get a plane ticket and come smack ya thats how silly it would be not to jump on that offer cus if u dont even want it u can un load it on someone else for twice the price

·
Registered
22 Posts
id do that

·
Registered
124 Posts
WARNING!!

If you do get this motor, which you need to, then you have to be very careful. I did the same thing. I got the whole motor from intake box all the way to exhaust with the wiring harness and ecu. Then tragedy struck. I left it at my girlfriends house while I lived there, and when we broke up.......well it's really too painful to talk about. let's just say that there is one less ca18de in the world, I think we should have a moment of silence for this poor poor motor.

the moral is: don't let phyco bitches with axes and torches anywhere near your motor.

·
Moved on...Ciao!
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sixways said:
The moral is: don't let phyco bitches with axes and torches anywhere near your motor.
Actually, the moral is: Don't give in to women. They are control freaks when it comes to men, and the only thing they want from us is our money and sperm. What ambition!

I look at it this way: If a gal wants 'my' child, she will (1) pay me for my 'donation', (2) sign a waiver stating that she will not come after me at all, and (3) she'll put a gag in her mouth and a bag over her face when it goes down.

If women are so all-powerful, let them conceive immaculately. All they'll make is more girls, if it's remotely possible.

<end> rant.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So did you get the motor yet?

·
Moved on...Ciao!
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope; Didn't get paid. That's what happens when you do something for a guy that likes to take his sweet f***in' time. Bubbye, CA18DE... *snif*

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey I'm in a similar boat I'm picking up my 88 pulsar w/e16i at the end of the month and i was hoping to do a ca20e bottom/ca18det top swap on it and was wondering how hard it would be. The swap to come long after i fix the bouncing out of 5th gear problem it has.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was just about to say, it looks like a GA16i by the looks of the air cleaner box on top. I have a feeling it's a scam.

·
Registered
124 Posts
yeah, after spending the last two days straght with my ga16/5i, belive me. it's a GA. ebay people are dumb.

·
Registered
124 Posts
what intake?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts