Nissan Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
His is a good post. I had the same problem, right side DRL was coming on and off. As the the instruction in this forum, I have took out the DRL module, it was very easy process, took me 5 minutes; after taking out the left side door panel, and the rubber trim, I have unscrewed the plastic flat nut/screw which is just by the foot rest. here is the tricky part, that plastic cover is secured with 2 metal clips on the left side, just pry with a flat screw drive behind the cover and it will come out easy. then 10 mm socket to take out the bracket. When I tried to open the circuit board from the box, it was tough and tight though. I used the heat gun to soften the box and pried with flat screw driver, and came out. (In my first attempt without heat gun, I broke a small piece of the cover.).
I found some solder welding was burnt and brown. What I did, I gave some heat with the heat gun and its working now. I should have taken some picture of the process though.
Hope it will be helpful for any one who wants to try as DIY.

my xtrail (06 Canadian model) day time running light is no longer working, first one light, then now both went off. i took the factory bulb off (osram 54193), replaced with one i bought at walmart Sylvania 9003). the day time running light remain off.
the same bulb running fine for the high beam, i am kind of puzzled, unless this is something related to the hand brake switch, as day time running light would be turned on after the release of hand brake.

anyone of you have encountered similar issue before? thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Change mine twice last week at the pull place. Before it was buzzing by the left foot,then under the hood and now nothing. Still no right beam or drl. Now that motorcycle season is officially over the xtrail will sleep in the garage and i ll diagnose better the problem.
The right headlight was faulty but it was replaced since then. Contacts seemed rusted with some verdigris and with my son activating the switch i had no voltage on high beam(on the right side)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2006 a couple of weeks ago with electrical gremlins , no front or rear wipers , no pass headlight and no DRL . pulled the module in drivers kick panel and found two broken solder joints . Also found two broken wires at the passenger headlight . Lights are all working now .

41 - 44 of 44 Posts