Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good website, or can anyone recommend a place where I can purchase a replacement part? I have a '97 200SX and I need to replace the clear plastic dash cover.

Thanks...

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Do you mean the clear plactic on the gauge cluster? If so, you might want to look into your local junk yards, or you can do a entire cluster swap.

·
Registered
45 Posts
or go to the parts department of a nissan dealership...thats what i did when i cracked mine

if its the gauge cluster youre talking about i think it cost me like 40 bucks for a new one

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it's the clear plastic part. The dealer here charges 53 bucks, and I thought someone might know where I could get one cheaper.

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Try Tocoma Nissan: www.nissanparts.cc
You'll need the part number in order to order from the site, but you can just drop them a part number request, and they'll email you back with the info. It usually takes about a day to get the info, but they're prices are usually a good 10-20% below dealership costs even after shipping.

·
Registered
323 Posts
heh, forgive me if i'm wrong but i'm not sure going indiglow will help his broke intrument cluster shield. I could be wrong

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you're right...indiglo won't help a broken piece of plastic. :) Trust me, I would have preferred indiglo...but that's a post for a different thread.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
my mistake, too sleepy and tired.....whoops.......sorry..........
yeah i guess dealership or something.........
but aren't different kind of bezels available for us, i don't know, lots of hondas have them......nice round separated gauges......

·
Registered
393 Posts
indiglos, guage face clusters or any of that stuff arent gonna help. its that see-thru thing that your finger runs into if you try and touch your tach (i have one =) mines all clouded up, like somone scratched it w/ wool cloth or something, so id be interested in a price also. i wouldnt think nissan would charge 50 bucks for something like that, and i havent checked at a junkyard yet, cuz im broke. haha

·
Registered
87 Posts
i got mine from a B13 se-r in a junkyard. mine got cloudy, like someone had put a sticker on and couldn't remove the adhesive. but nothing could clean it. it wasn't sticky or anything. so my point is B13 shields work for B14s too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts