Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently installed and deinstalled my head unit in my 94 nissan sentra LE
and my dashboard lights dont work anymore or when my headlights are on my turnsignals dont work either and the sound when the lights are on and the key isnt in it doesnt beep when i installed the cd player i hooked illumination and the car beeps like the lights were on and i havent heard it since i changed fuses: turn signal and all acc. and still no results if any one knows let me know

·
Registered
217 Posts
check fuses. you probably accidentally grounded a wire when you were installing. pull the head unit out and make sure none of the wires in the harness were crimped or pierced when the stereo was installed. there are wires in the harness for the OEM head unit for lighting. one is the illumination for the controls which came on with the parking/headlights and could be dimmed with the dash and AC control lights. the other wire just comes on and off with the tail lights. if either of these were grounded, you'd probably blow a fuse or melt a solder link on a printed circuit somewhere.

I don't know the wire color codes off-hand, so you'll probably need a diagram or repair manual.

Dan

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blackmaxima88 said:
check fuses. you probably accidentally grounded a wire when you were installing. pull the head unit out and make sure none of the wires in the harness were crimped or pierced when the stereo was installed. there are wires in the harness for the OEM head unit for lighting. one is the illumination for the controls which came on with the parking/headlights and could be dimmed with the dash and AC control lights. the other wire just comes on and off with the tail lights. if either of these were grounded, you'd probably blow a fuse or melt a solder link on a printed circuit somewhere.

I don't know the wire color codes off-hand, so you'll probably need a diagram or repair manual.

Dan
yeah i blew a fuse the tail lamp one to be exact all lights come back on fine but the cd-player all the wires are hooked up but the thing wont come on my friend said just run a wire from the fuse to the cd player is that good or bad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts