Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gauges arent lighting up at all, usually theyll work then stop then i play with the dimmer and they come back on, but not this time, theyre out for good

I read on a different post about making sure the wires arent loose, I checked that theyre fine, any other ideas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check to make sure that your tail lights are working too, as they all work of the same fuse under the hood, if that is the case replace the fuse if it blows again then you may have a short somewhere.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is the fuse, its during the day but it doesnt look as if the tail lights are lighting up

but which fuse is it?
and those 4 in the bottom right conrner next to the white thing are spares right? can i just use one of those?

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Get a dimmer switch. Usually solves this problem about 80% of the time.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I found where the fuse is (under the hood right to the left of the battery fyi)

It deffinantely is a short. Id put a new fuse in and, pop, itd be out.

My neighbor said its two wires running together somewhere. Has anyone had this problem or have a guess where a good place to look would be?
thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
i have this same problem. im glad you brought it up. ill check my tailights the next time this happens, which is happening consistenly now.

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
I have a similar problem where my lights go out. I just smack the dashboard hard and they come back. This is a FAIL PROOF system, as I have not had to give a second swing at it in order for it to turn back on. Take it from the expert, you dont have to do all that hard work that they claim you do, just give it a whack.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
DryBoy said:
I have a similar problem where my lights go out. I just smack the dashboard hard and they come back. This is a FAIL PROOF system, as I have not had to give a second swing at it in order for it to turn back on. Take it from the expert, you dont have to do all that hard work that they claim you do, just give it a whack.
LOL!:D

That happened to me also, but I just played with the dimmer switch and it came on.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fixed it
It was the illumination wire from my cd player hitting the medal dealie that holds it and shorting out my dash lights

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
ok, quick question though, i just installed some auxiliary lighting to the red lenses on top of the back-up lamps, and tapped it to the license plate lights, is the instrument cluster connected to the license plate lights, i don't have a wiring diagram with me right now, and i will be running with those as park lights, any warnings would be very well appreciated, provided it's not too late.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts