Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Nissan Fanatic since 1999
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around for internal mods and I found some pretty cool carbon fiber dash kits. About 2 hours later I could not find it again, also doing a search did not help. I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. Please email me [email protected]

·
Registered
156 Posts
andre said:
I got my aluminum kit from http://woodtrim.com/ a couple of years ago....
Still holdin up? I was gonna go with these guys too but they're kinda expensive when they're not having a 20% off sale. But when they do have the 20% off sale they have good prices.:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
DryBoy said:
I'm not a fan of the sticker kits as they tend to lose it over time.
From what I've heard if u get the real stuff you won't have this problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
do any of you have pictures of the kit from torasport.com. i'm really interested in the carbon fiber now

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Jaggrey said:
Still holdin up? I was gonna go with these guys too but they're kinda expensive when they're not having a 20% off sale. But when they do have the 20% off sale they have good prices.:D
I got mine on sale too....LOL....and yeah, its still holding up. I just polish it up everytime I was the car, and its as good as new. And the ladies love it....and my matching shifter. ;) A friend of mine wants me to get a kit for her sentra too. :)

·
what?
2,704 Posts
So,
Let me gt this straight, why is it not better to get a pre-fab dash kit than do it yourself? With the prefab they come in almost every color cobo that you would want and you can armorall them with the rest of your dash. To do it yourself is alot of work and it won't really come out right unless you do it realy well, you can't use armor all on the paint, and there is the advantage of maybe doing a color that it unavailable.
Isn't that like saying a custom turbo is better than just getting a Hotshot or Fmax kit? Ones that are proven that work?

Seth

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
sethwas said:
So,
Let me gt this straight, why is it not better to get a pre-fab dash kit than do it yourself? With the prefab they come in almost every color cobo that you would want and you can armorall them with the rest of your dash. To do it yourself is alot of work and it won't really come out right unless you do it realy well, you can't use armor all on the paint, and there is the advantage of maybe doing a color that it unavailable.
Isn't that like saying a custom turbo is better than just getting a Hotshot or Fmax kit? Ones that are proven that work?

Seth
Whoa Uknow wut seth I didnt realize that I wont be able to armor all the pieces that are being painted on my car--The thought never ocurred to me. Ill have to do a soap and water thing like my outside...

I considered both methods and Im getting 22 pieces sanded-preped-painted the same new white my body is getting for $100--Theres no way any stick on dash kit can come close to that...

I actully thought that these kits were actual replacement pieces for your interior in the color U want but they're not..

·
Registered
156 Posts
MP2050 said:
I actully thought that these kits were actual replacement pieces for your interior in the color U want but they're not..
Are you sure? I doubt we're paying close to $200 for pre-cut stickers.

G

·
There are companys that sell pre cut stickers but there are also company's that have the pieces that are like carbon fiber but solid colors that 3m on....

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
NJDYSON said:
There are companys that sell pre cut stickers but there are also company's that have the pieces that are like carbon fiber but solid colors that 3m on....
Even these type are just like a thicker piece with 3m tape on the back and yeah Jaggrey the dash kits are like 150-200 and they're stick on

·
Banned
126 Posts
thats why i painted mine myself...
it only took 328490283 hours :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
NJDYSON said:
Are they hard pieces of plastic that 3M on? Does it look tacky at all?

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Hey,
Sorry about being terse before, I was on my way out.
If you are getting a body shop to do the painting on your interior, then you will get a better look than the stick on kind. s for maintenence, you have to stick with soap and water, and maybe even wax it.
There are 3 types of stick-ons with sub categories. Wood, plastic, metal. Of course there is wood looking plastic. And metal looking plastic. The ones by torasport for example are thick acrylic which is held on by super duty 3m tape. Thats some strong tape. Take a look at their site and see what the different colors look like on assorted things.
When the dash kit is moulded and covers the edges so none of the original seeps through, the in my opinion it doesn't matter what its made of. It looks good and is durable. $200 is for the assorted moulds that theyhave to create and inject to get the piece for your car. THink about it there are 500 cars that they do ieach with 10 parts.

Seth

P.S. I don't want a wood interior even though those are 'the best. I want either a dark blue trim ot match my 'theme' or brushed aluminum. I am at a draw as to which. Here is an example of the dark blue:

It also comes in a dark blue carbon fibre, but that may be too gimmicky. If only they had my exterior color...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts