Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of tonight of my backlighting in my gauges is on th firtz my climate control has been doing this for some time,but always manages to come back on, my gauges however tend to stay off for extended periods of time. i have read in other posts that it could be old shoddy soldering, Is this the problem or is it something more complicated?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
possibilities

so my dash lighting works when i lock/unlock my car with the alarm, the parking lights flash when i do and so do my gauges but when i get in the car and turn my lights on nothing happens, ive been told it could be the dimmer switch/button could just be shorted or worn out. any ideas?

·
I've had more cars than U
686 Posts
it's the switch.
when your alarm trips the lights, it is providing power around the switch, not through it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, you've been very helpful. When looking for this part what should i search for? i can describe what it does but i dont know its official name.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i replaced the switch and it made no differance same problem same deal with the alarm. nothing has changed so should i pull my cluster and check the wiring or is there another simple solution?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts