Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys. ive had my 90 pathfinder for about a 2 years now and used it as my snow machine driving up to lake tahoe every season. i wanted to go with a suspension lift mainly because my driver side is sagging a bit so i figure i might as well change it all together. not too sure about the body lift cause i don't have a lot of time to do any kind or modifications. but i just wanted to know if anyone ran into problems when lifting the truck either body and or suspension. and also if going with the AC suspension lift package and body lift was a good idea.

thanks

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
each type of lift is IMO pretty easy, just take your time. when doing a suspension lift, you will need to re-index the torsion bars and have it aligned. only trouble that most people have is UCA bushings squeaking after a while. just put some grease or anti-seize compound on the inside and outside of the bushings during install. as with a body lift, IIRC you will need to lower the radiator and the 4WD shifter hole will need to be pursuaded to get it securely into 4LO.

AC has a lot of great packages and everyones opinion is different. do some research on all the packages and brands and go with what you believe is the best for your application. personally, I went with Calmini. which ever you go with, be sure to upgrade the idler arm with a bracket or extra support.

·
3,553 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
each type of lift is IMO pretty easy, just take your time. when doing a suspension lift, you will need to re-index the torsion bars and have it aligned. only trouble that most people have is UCA bushings squeaking after a while. just put some grease or anti-seize compound on the inside and outside of the bushings during install. as with a body lift, IIRC you will need to lower the radiator and the 4WD shifter hole will need to be pursuaded to get it securely into 4LO.

AC has a lot of great packages and everyones opinion is different. do some research on all the packages and brands and go with what you believe is the best for your application. personally, I went with Calmini. which ever you go with, be sure to upgrade the idler arm with a bracket or extra support.
how do you like your calimini lift?i was thinking of adding one to mine, but it says for 86.5 and up, my title says its an 86, but how do i know if the kit will work?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
how do you like your calimini lift?i was thinking of adding one to mine, but it says for 86.5 and up, my title says its an 86, but how do i know if the kit will work?
the lift kit is very stout IMO. I am very pleased with it. if you have a D21 its an 86.5 even though it says 86. the hardbodys came out mid year of 86. if you have the older bodystyle ( the 720) then it won't fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had trouble with Calmini. If I were you, I'd go with the Trailmaster 4" lift.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not exactly. Lets say you have bad parts before doing the lift. When you do do the lift you notice things don't feel right. Lets start out with the Driveline. Since it is a 2 piece,(I'm assuming) and when you lift it your changing the pinion angle. Then you get vibrations and a bunch of different crap. So you replace the U-Joints and the carrier bearing and still nothing. So now you have to get it balanced which is just more money out of your pocket. So now the rear is fixed but what about the front. Nissan's have shitty stock steering, but when upgraded they're bulletproof. So now you have vibrations in the front. You figure out that your Centerlink is bad, Pitman and Idler Arms are bad. You replace them and guess what you payed the same amount of money you did for the lift but just in parts. Lifting is fun to do and it makes your truck look great but you have to think about the parts that would contribute to the lift. Are they good? Bad? Just alright? Fix the kinks first then lift it. Believe me, it's worth the while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts