Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Nissan enthusiasts,
My name is Sean and I am a new member. I have a 350Z 2003 Performance model. I recently had a scary situation. I had recently had my car serviced by the dealership (37500 mi). and was driving home and noticed the car shaking and shimmying on the freeway. I just figured it must be the tire pressure. After three days I was driving on the city streets and came to a stoplight. All of a sudden a driver of another car tapped on my passenger window with my front right lugnut in his hand saying that this had fallen off my car. I immediately pulled over and noticed another lugnut hanging by its last thread and two other lugnuts that could be turned by hand. I have a question for the forum-What kind of damage could be done to my car with these loose lugnuts?

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
Perhaps the dealership forgot to tighten up your wheels? Maybe they took them off, looked at a few things, and put them back on.. but without tightening the lug nuts appropriately. Take it back to the dealership and ask what's up, or tighten those lug nuts up and check them every so often. (or both)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks wildmane

wildmane said:
Perhaps the dealership forgot to tighten up your wheels? Maybe they took them off, looked at a few things, and put them back on.. but without tightening the lug nuts appropriately. Take it back to the dealership and ask what's up, or tighten those lug nuts up and check them every so often. (or both)
I guess that is a way to do it. But my plan of action is one of anger. I want to know if their negligence has ruined my threads, my alignment, my brakes, etc. I want to raise hell with them and want to know what problems may occur with loose lugnuts. I have a high performance car and want it to be up to original specifications.

·
cheese
618 Posts
that has happened to me twice, nothing happened. just a simple human error. is something major would have happed then complain, but it might be hard to prove they did it. as far as anything mesisng up, nah

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Sean

tighefighter said:
Hello Nissan enthusiasts,
My name is Sean and I am a new member. I have a 350Z 2003 Performance model.
I can't help ya with yar problem, but i do want to welcome you! I'm an newbie maself. I own a NX1600 1.6. I guezz you 350 will eat my NX for breakfast ;-)

See ya around!

Cheerzzzz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts