Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn Type-R's
Ok I had to go to Big K and get some poster board so i could do a chemistry project, still havent started it, oh well! Anyways, across the street is the local tuning shop and an integra pull out and takes off so im in the median and follow, I didnt know it was a Type-R (I wouldn't have tried him I'm no match) so anyway we approach th bridge where most of the racing takes place and we both gunned it to my surprise i was left in the dust very very quickly! we were doing about 50 and i went to third i think he did too. so when i got home I called my Friend back in the Ville and asked him about a silver integra and he started laughing he was like why did you race him I laughed back and said why hes like dude its a Type-R that has everything but a turbo, i just kinda said oh and told him id talk to him tomorrow. I need power and lots of it arrgh.......!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Technically, you can make your own ITR with the engine, brake, and suspension upgrades. Then, there are other little things that distinguish ITR's from the others like the seats, I think the stearing rack system is different, and so are the gear ratios.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ya ITR's only come in 2 colors championship white and yellow. they also have a 5 lug pattern. interior is also different with ITR's. also the spoiler is much higher on an itr. you probably got beat by an integra with nitrous, or he has an ls vtec turbo engine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh hey guess what guys i found out that it was a gs-r from a guy who knows the acura, could anyone explain to me the difference im not well schooled in the honda/acura world

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i dont feel bad that I lost! woohoo i feel better now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wont Be Beat said:
GS-R B18C1 180bhp
ITR B18C5 195bhp, LSD, beefed up suspension, 5-lug wheels, better seats, better gear ratios, upgraded stearing system, etc.
Um......the GS-R engine has 170hp claimed (they dyno around [email protected] wheels....Type R's put down 167-170hp to the ground.....so maybe it's a *hair* more than 170hp for the GS-R). Also has a lower redline....8100rpm vs 8400rpm on the Type R.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its ok ...not like you lost a Hyundai

1 - 20 of 44 Posts