Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the sizes of the speakers offhand for a 90 Sentra? I turn it up past 1/3 and the door speakers sound like ass.

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Thats about right. But you could squeeze in some 6 1/2 inch speakers in there like I am about to do. Do you have stock speakers? Those things dont even have rubber surrounds. Just a small paper cone lol.

·
E15ET Owner
401 Posts
i made a new deck from wood and skinned it in matching fabric to accept some 6x9's. in my opinion its the best way to go if you want a rounded system. if you go this route it will require fabricating spacers, i think mine were 1" thick. it sounds 10x better than modifying the rear mounts and it looks alot better too. and as for 6 1/2's in the front, its a bolt in procedure and if u want the stock grilles will even fit. if anyone would like pics i can post some later.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've put in the 6.5's in the doors no problem.
I also put 5.25's in the rear deck. Just need to add my 10" sub to finish out the sound.
sounds good as is though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'll just get a set of nice 5 1/4s and then add a sub eventually. Thanks for the info guys.

Next Stop, Autozone for a new alternator! Yay... :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pish posh, Inifinities are nice and all, but am I really going to waiste that much money on a car that I got for 200 bucks? If this is not obvious, the answer is no.

I picked up a 4 Boss Riot Series 5 1/4s, a Boss Riot 500 watt amp. Then I stole the Clarion DXZ855MP head, and Single 10 inch Alpine Type R sub that were supposed to go into my Cirrus.

Now I just gotta install them and I'll be straight. The HU is CRAZY nice. I just got it before the trans died on the cirrus and before I decided to the the 3.0L swap on the cirrus. The sub is used, bought it off a friend and boy does it bump.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I put 6 1/2" tri's in the the doors. The rears on the coup are set up for 6x9's so I dropped a pair of Infinity's in there.
Some asswipe tweeker rifled the car a few weeks ago and swiped the POS amp that was powering a POS bass tube that was rolling around in back. The dumbass left a 230pc Husky tool set and the tube. But the bastard took the remote for the stereo. I had the face plate in the house so they didnt attempt the head unit. They took every penny and nickel that had collected and threw everything out of the glove box all over the car. Guess I got off kinda lucky cuz I have a new 400watt 4 channel Pioneer amp ready to go in. The speakers will bump good enough (I hope) so I won't need a big ass bass box to take up valuable space.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got an xplod cd player, with 6.5s in the doors. They fit in there w/o cutting out anything. And I also made a new deck of wood for the back so I could fit some badass pioneer 6X9s back there cause the magnet is to big to fit w/o modification. Planning on an xplod sub soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts