Nissan Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1693 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
So you missed the austin show for that? That's gotta suck! Just gotta love it when stuff comes back unrepaired. Had a similar experience with BestBuy.

I didn't know any better and bought a computer from them. Took it in for service 'cause the cd burner wouldn't work. 6 weeks later I get it back. They had to replace the motherboard, which they said required wiping the hard drive. Shit loads of school work lost because they couldn't call me and give me the option of copying everything to an external hard drive. I gave the manager hell over it. Didn't really do any good but it made me feel better.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah, I found that out later. Like I said I didn't know any better at the time. I'll never buy pre-built computers again.

On another note--it hasn't stopped raining here since around 11 this morning. Not heavy, just a steady soaking rain. Weatherman says we're looking for around 6" before Friday afternoon. Glad I brought my big golf umbrella. Keeps me nice and dry on those long walks across campus. My backpack doesn't even get wet.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
Be glad we're not in the rockies right now......

one of my maxima friends that lives in Colo Springs:
We're in it BIG. Its been rock-solid, white-out conditions since about 7 this morning. (currently 11:15). I mean I literally cannot see the tree in my neighbors yard across the street. We're getting about 2 inches of snow per hour, have been for the last 4 hours and they're forecasting it to continue until 6 tonight. Sections of town are reporting anywhere from 12 to 36 inches of new snow - not counting blowing & drifting. ALL roads and highways are closed. Zero travel is being allowed, save for dire emergencies. At last report there were 106 slide-offs on the interstate.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Man, that sux. I've seen it snow so hard you couldn't see the hood on your car, but only for short periods. When I was in Michigan there was a freak storm over a section of interstate that got 11 inches in an hour. Over 150 vehicles involved. Took all day to clean it up.

Man, it really sucks when you got no money and nothin' to do on a Friday. Just wasted the first part of the day playing Oblivion. Got over 95 hours of playing time on that game and still haven't finished it completely. Wish it was online like WOW.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
had to buy a new phone because the screen on my flip phone died out. got a SLVR. cost a lot, but i do love it. now i don't need an iPod. now got to think on how to rig that to the car.

been having a bad week. didn't see that one coming.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
i took 1st in my class. the funny thing was, on my first run, i stopped, hit reverse, and pointed to a downed cone and went on with the track and made a 63 something. but on my valid clean runs, i could barely get a 64 as posted here http://www.houscca.com/solo/results06/06REG11R.TXT
what the hell was wrong with me? it's like i was holding back for some reason.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just experienced my first true east TX thunderstorm. Moved pretty fast, only took about 1/2 hour to move through, but dumped (according to the rain gauge) around an inch of rain, and HAIL. Got the car moved to the garage just in time to watch everyone else's get pelted by 1/2-3/4" hail. Just sat and waited it out with the bike cops that took shelter in the garage. Got back and the power was out in the dorm, but only a few minutes. Got some funny looks when I went to the restroom with a flashlight, but I'm not getting stuck in a dark community restroom without a way back to the room. No emergency lights anywhere in the building. Now I'm getting a really cool light show off to the east. Someone said there's a lot of damage (trees & power lines down) to the east of us, so I guess we dodged a bullet this time.

On a brighter note, I'm in a poker tournament here on campus tomorrow. As long as I place 3rd or better I'll be happy. Cash prizes for the top 3 finishers.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just got my ass handed to me in the poker tourny. Thought I had it wupped, and this little punk wannabe got lucky on the river. Oh well. That's why I don't play poker professionally. So much for making the final table. I really could've used that $500 top prize too. I need a drink.

·
Registered
612 Posts
This fire alarm thing is getting fucking old. This time some asshole pulled the alarm handle on our floor at 4 this morning. Now there are over 400 guys out for blood. I hope to hell the school catches the guy before we do, 'cause we won't turn him over 'til we're done with him.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
cooling efficiency on the wagon's AC went to the crapper. the good thing is, i can wait until winter passes to start worrying about it. just another expense waiting to happen.

one of the H700 headsets i ordered on ebay has a faulty microphone boom. now i have to send it back and wait for a new one. just great. that was for my service adviser too.

·
Registered
612 Posts
My a/c has been out for a while. Compressor was makin' a lot of noise, then nothin'. Whatever it is, it's going to be expensive. Oh, well, at least it's cool outside now. Only time I have problems is when the windshield fogs up in the rain.:fluffy:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thirty fucking minutes to find a parking space across campus. I pay to go to school here, pay to live here, and pay to park here, and I can't fucking park. This is bullshit. I've had my doubts about coming back next semester. I'm leaning toward NOT.

·
Registered
612 Posts
This week has been a mental hell for me. Been thinking about making a change the last few months. Going back to mechanic work has always been an option, kinda stuck in the back of my mind, then my brother called the other day with a different job offer. It's pretty good, but I won't have a place to stay or ANY money if I go out there, so that's pretty much dead. Been pulled 3 different ways this week. Finally decided to contact my old boss(es) and found out they're looking for someone at the dealership. Gonna fill out an application this weekend, and hopefully know something next week. I really do hope I get the job, school is getting old. Whatever happens, I'm likely not coming back here. It's not a bad place overall. Things have just happened in just the right order that I'm fed up with it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I probably could, but I know the guys I worked for, and I know what they expect. I made sure I didn't burn any bridges when I left in case I wanted to go back. Looks like it may have paid off. This is not just a snap decision. I've been thinking about it for a long while, and things have come together just right. The only variable left is getting the general managers to approve my application.

·
Registered
612 Posts
YAY! Finals are over! I can finally relax. Then get up tomorrow, pack up the car, and go home. Man, that sounds good. Go home. Get the f#&@ outta this place. I can't wait to get out of this place.

1641 - 1660 of 1693 Posts