Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a member of the sr20forum, where a dude that went by the name of Marcus posted a group buy over a year ago for d2 coilovers. He said he was a member of this forum and had a good rep here. He never delivered the goods, which I paid $825 for, and always gave me the runaround whenever I contacted him regarding them. He was with a company called ADV autosports or ADVtekk or something like that. Does anybody have any more contact info for him? The phone number he gave me no longer works and I get no response from the two email addresses he gave me. The old phone number was 716-408-1027. We need to take this guy down. I know of another guy on the sr20forum that was also scammed. We need to get together and take this guy to court, if needs be.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
ok, i did a bit of searching and have found a member called "marcus"

he joined last year in march, this is his profile

thats all i could find, hope it helps.

edit: this may not be your guy, he owns a 95 hardbody. what you could do is find the thread on the sr forum and get his IP addy and then scott (our admin) may beable to find him on our forum useing his IP.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that dude with the username 'marcus' a week or so ago, and I've been trying to PM him, but it's not working. For some reason I can post but not PM.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
new users cant pm for a few days after they join i think. give it 4 or 5 days.

·
Registered
70 Posts
one of my friends baught from the same group buy and got his about 6 months ago. i'll see if he has anymore contact info for him

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
silver3 said:
I'm a member of the sr20forum, where a dude that went by the name of Marcus posted a group buy over a year ago for d2 coilovers. He said he was a member of this forum and had a good rep here.

Well if he posted the deal on Sr20forums then he was a member of both forums..

Hope you find him..

Since he became member last march he's only had 48 total posts, which doesn't make him much of a regular on NF. However his last post was on the 23rd..

I looked in the admin control panel.. he has a hotmail address...which can easily be created and used for crap like this...

I know it hurts and won't help you, but for others... before sending anyone money, find out more about them...talk to others that know them...get a phone number and address...confirm it.. talk to the company and confirm this person represents them in a group deal..

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
1.6pete said:
new users cant pm for a few days after they join i think. give it 4 or 5 days.
Incorrect. The exact details are described in new "rules/info" link in the upper menu.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am on a group buy thru him, on maxima.org right now....we are getting the run around from him...I am hoping we are not being scammed. If you do not have contact info for him yet it is post on maxima.org in the group deal section

·
Registered
0 Posts
I ordered a fuel pump over a year ago from him through ebay. His company was called rabit racing then. He always gave me the run around, now I have no way at all to contact him, I already filed a complaint on him through internet fraud. Do any of you know his address or what city/state he is from?

·
Registered
126 Posts
silver3 said:
I'm a member of the sr20forum, where a dude that went by the name of Marcus posted a group buy over a year ago for d2 coilovers. He said he was a member of this forum and had a good rep here. He never delivered the goods, which I paid $825 for, and always gave me the runaround whenever I contacted him regarding them. He was with a company called ADV autosports or ADVtekk or something like that. Does anybody have any more contact info for him? The phone number he gave me no longer works and I get no response from the two email addresses he gave me. The old phone number was 716-408-1027. We need to take this guy down. I know of another guy on the sr20forum that was also scammed. We need to get together and take this guy to court, if needs be.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?p=3868759#post3868759

As for getting together, PM me in SR20FORUM or here... there are more people out there that got scammed by him... I will try to roganise a private list where all the Mark-victims can exchange information and such so that all complaints to all law enforcement agencies contain as much proof as possible and cross-reference each other.

Chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
Does anyone know his address? I already made a internet fraud complaint on him but I need his address. Can someone please help me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Syko said:
Does anyone know his address? I already made a internet fraud complaint on him but I need his address. Can someone please help me.
Syko, I will be glad to help you but it is more complicated than that.

First, we do not even know how many of us have been scammed. Counting you, there are 5 people from last year that are after him. Then, he is very elusive. So far there are several adresses, companies we have to deal with.

GO to http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?p=3868759#post3868759 and see my last posts to realize what we are facing.

I strongly suggest you send me a mail from any of the forums so I can include you in the "list" I suggested in the maxima thread. This is intended to coordinate all of the complaints wherever they are made and crossrefernce similar complaints so they are credible.

As for the address you asked for.. you will realize that it was in Toronto, Buffalo NY, Toronto, NY but with a Toronto tel #, and so on...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I talked to my friend that was on the D2 coilover group buy on sr20 forum. he actually got his. I talked to him this weekend and he told me that the guy went bankrupt. so he can't order any of the items that people paid for and ordered from him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have followed the gd on maxima.org and that guy Mark/Marcus whatever he calls himself was using money from other gd to pay for deals that were already open. For instance he used the money from maxima.org to pay for a prior deal he had open. Now the guys at maxima.org got screwed. He was trying to get another deal together so he can pay for the maxima deal. Then when he couldn't come up with the money he waived the white flag and claimed bankruptcy

·
Registered
0 Posts
200sx_guy said:
I talked to my friend that was on the D2 coilover group buy on sr20 forum. he actually got his. I talked to him this weekend and he told me that the guy went bankrupt. so he can't order any of the items that people paid for and ordered from him.
Can you ask your friend what the return address was, thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts