Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I could buy a new head for a KA24DE? I'm not sure I'm going to but I'll at least look into it. Can you buy high performance heads for this engine or do you have to buy high performance valves and springs and put them in?

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
240newbie said:
Anyone know where I could buy a new head for a KA24DE? I'm not sure I'm going to but I'll at least look into it. Can you buy high performance heads for this engine or do you have to buy high performance valves and springs and put them in?
There might be a shop somewhere in the country that offers a performance built head, I'm not aware of one. Companies do make high performance valves and valvesprings and such, so building up a head wouldn't be hard. I would have your head milled by a machinist and then just build it up. That way it will be more affordable and much more customizable.

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
my brother is very good at porting. he had the best percentage of flow in his class at NADC and he has done some major porting on his cars.hes out of state now but if your interested, he would probably port a head for you when he comes back from this job.im not sure what he would charge but it would be a professional job im sure...assuming he'll even do it( hes a volkswagen guy and doesnt like to work on my nissan...)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is porting? The reason I'm thinking about a new head is because I replaced the head gasket on my car only to have it overheat and blow it again. I don't know if my head is cracked and I don't know how to check. Also, I'm not sure if I can get any more shaved off the bottem. The machine shop took 5/1000th off last time.

·
Metal > Rap
668 Posts
I got a spare 92 head if you wanna buy it. pm me if your interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts