Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light came on and I used an OBD code reader to see what the problem is. Code P0303 was diplayed which means cylinder #3 misfired. Do I need to replace the spark plugs to solve this problem?

Thanks

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
What you need to do would be to determine why cylinder 3 was misfiring. Bad plugs? Bad wires? Poor compression? Poor grade fuel?

Check some of those out and then we can help from there. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Asuming you dont have all the pro tools (though you do have a code reader aparently) start with simple things.. check the cap, wires, and plug for Cyl 3 if everything looks fine keeps running till you see the light again and check the code. If its the same Cyl you could switch the plug to another cyl to see if the missfire moves. If it doesnt or you already have the tool then check compression. If its still doing it and everything else looks fine (which mine is doing) it could be the injector.

As for fuel... yeah, better be running something good. lol Also if it is bad fuel it would probably acure on more then one cyl.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had a similar probelm on my Pathfinder...cylinder 3 misfire, turned out to be a bad injector. Had them all rebuilt and that one replaced and problem fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Asuming you dont have all the pro tools (though you do have a code reader aparently) start with simple things.. check the cap, wires, and plug for Cyl 3 if everything looks fine keeps running till you see the light again and check the code. If its the same Cyl you could switch the plug to another cyl to see if the missfire moves. If it doesnt or you already have the tool then check compression. If its still doing it and everything else looks fine (which mine is doing) it could be the injector.

As for fuel... yeah, better be running something good. lol Also if it is bad fuel it would probably acure on more then one cyl.
Hi,
I have the same issue, mechanic checked coils, replaced the spark plugs as the third one was wet, so we checked and swapped the injectors and replaced the seals but it still the same the p0303 comes up, its weird as it sometimes the engine light flashes and goes off and then sometimes it flashes and then goes to limp mode snd i have to wait to start the car again, now the suspecting ecu might be faulty, car is a juke 1.2 2016 with 40k miles, if anybody can suggest something it would great thank you for all your help in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts