Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
**best avatar award**
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep tearin holes in my cv boots and don't know why. i've had to replace both sides in the last year. the driver side twice and the passenger side once. it's expensive too, $160 per cv boot. the shop i take it to won't give me an answer on why this happens all the time. and they only replace them once under warrenty. any thoughts??

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
It's a common problem, when your wheels are locked one direction the boots have nothing left to give. The only place I've heard of that makes stronger boots is www.driveshaftshop.com, and I'm nor sure if you can get them seperate from the shafts or not. A long ass time ago we had this discussion over at www.sr20deforum.com and this place was the only thing anyone mentioned that seemed to offer any relief from this problem. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
no clue why but i had a similar problem so i just got my axles replaced... you can buy refurbished one's for about $150 each installed... i did that and i haven't had a problem since.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Sometimes the axle could be a little too short causing it to rip when you make U turns.

·
**best avatar award**
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the info. i posted this on another board and they said something to the effect that if i take a lot of corners at high speed then that could cause them to rip.... but i dunno. i'll have to check out that driveshaftshop.com site. i'll post anything i find. thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts