Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should there be any free play at all as in grabbing the inner cv joint and being ablle to move it up and down at all in the final drive of the transmission? I know there will be free play in rotating it. I am just checking because I can move the inner joint up and down slightly as in about a 1/16th of and inch. I have a vibration at around 55 mph and above. I have replace tires, wheels, and had to replace axles because of torn boots, and new rotors. I still have this vibration. Just need some insight.

Todd

·
Registered
505 Posts
Should there be any free play at all as in grabbing the inner cv joint and being ablle to move it up and down at all in the final drive of the transmission? I know there will be free play in rotating it. I am just checking because I can move the inner joint up and down slightly as in about a 1/16th of and inch. I have a vibration at around 55 mph and above. I have replace tires, wheels, and had to replace axles because of torn boots, and new rotors. I still have this vibration. Just need some insight.

Todd

You probably need an alignment. 1/16th is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, I have had the car running up on jack stands and the axles to dont seem to be running true like a driveshaft would on a rear wheel car. It almost looks as if they are loping as a cam lobe would look when it is rotating. I dont know if this is the case but it looks as if to me that these should run true. These are reman axles from O'Reillys. Should these axles run true like a driveshaft does or is this normal?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts