Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 Sentra GXE, 1.6L engine, Automatic, ABS...

Is this what I want?

Part's Image

Part's Image

Both of my boots are torn, so I was just going to replace the whole dang thing... RockAuto has these for ~$60 shipped to me, no core charge. They're the Cardone Select ones, so they're new, not remanufactured.

Any comments? Anything I should know before I swap these out?

·
Registered
93 Posts
i acually work at advance auto parts and our new axles are great i have replaced both of mine from there. sometimes if your cars lowered you might have a problem with them popping but it might just be my luck..lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
My 200 is lowered and I just replaced both axles and they still pop sometimes. I plan on raising mine back up the ride is terrible. I made the mistake of buying the sportlines and my car hits bump stops on every little bump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help on cv axle replacement

I am trying to install the left halfshaft and I cannot get it to become flush with the transmission. I get the splines lined up and when I push it in it stops about 1/4 inch away from the transmission case. Do I just need to hit it hard to get the c-clip to latch in the proper slot. I am afraid that if I do I might damage the transmission.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1996 Sentra GXE, 1.6L engine, Automatic, ABS...

Is this what I want?

Part's Image

Part's Image

Both of my boots are torn, so I was just going to replace the whole dang thing... RockAuto has these for ~$60 shipped to me, no core charge. They're the Cardone Select ones, so they're new, not remanufactured.

Any comments? Anything I should know before I swap these out?
I used the RockAuto shafts on our 1999 Sentra. Got em for $45 each. Popped in just fine. Bought a 2' skinny screw driver from Autozone, for $2. You'll need that to push out the drivers side shaft. Pull the passenger side first, the slide the screw driver in. A couple taps with my mallet, and out popped the shaft.

Note, our car does not have ABS. But I had no issue installing the "universal" half shafts (splined).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts