Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 sentra and on 12/22/07 I replaced the drivers side cv axle. all went well except for having to drill out the cotter pin on the ball joint! Now I have a bad vibration the goes and comes with depressing the accellarator. Also there is tranny fluid leaking from behind the inner joint. This was not like this when I replaced the previous axle. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be? I asked around and was told that the bearing in the transmission was bad and it was making it leak and vibrate. My thoughts are that the shaft is bad and caused the seal to leak and vibrate.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
how many miles ?
The bearing in the transmission is the final drive bearing and pretty substantial.
I suspect its the drive shaft or the seal got damaged in the replacement.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
BTW, it is not necessary to remove the ball joints. You can remove the bolts from the strut and press control arm down and the axle will just clear the hub.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
126000. The car was very well taken care of and I have taken well care of it also. I am going to return the axle and get a replacement and a new seal for it and try it before anything else. Thans for the reply!

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
there are a few B13 transmissions that have complete final drive bearing failures on the forum, but there have been no B14's on the forum yet, so I think u will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts