Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone who has cut the stock shifter, can you tell me how did you go about doing it and did you have to get the shifter rethreaded to fit the stock knob. if you can get it rethread is there a difference between the way honda threads their shifters and nissan cause if there is I would want someone to thread mine so I can fit aftermarket honda knobs

·
Banned
809 Posts
haha, i sawed off my stick.. well.. let me rephrase... I got a razor blade, and hacked away at the shift knob.. its hard rubber.. but easily cutable with razors.. Next get a 2/man saw... kinda like.. goes back and forth:).. then saw away at that mo' fo' and prepare to vaccumm up infinate saw shavings.. and i dont know about the treading thing.. i just threw my knob on htere. and it freely comes on and off.. i like it that way :D

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
If you're doing this to improve shiftability, might I suggest that you replace the shifter bushing? They're an affordale ~$7 and I've heard it makes shifting a lot nicer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm assuming you guys just like doing things the hard way..

I'm lazy and like the easy way.

All you have to do is cut a few inches out of the middle of the shifter, then weld it back togeather. That keeps your threads as stock, just lowers them some. I've done this for 300zx's.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
cant you buy an aftermarket short shifter for this car as well?

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
yeah......

the aftermarket shortshifter doesn't even cost more than 100, i mean, just get a shortshifter with the adjsutable fulcrum ball made of high quality delrin composites, damn i sound like a commercial....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: yeah......

azkicker0027 said:
the aftermarket shortshifter doesn't even cost more than 100, i mean, just get a shortshifter with the adjsutable fulcrum ball made of high quality delrin composites, damn i sound like a commercial....
I do welding for a living...(among many other things), so I got all of about 0$ in doing it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts