Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was trying to get some info from everybody on this new idea we are going to attempt! My mechanic and i are going to try and custom make a turbo kit using a supra turbo out of a 86.5-92 supra.
If anyone has anysuggestions or helpful info please feel free to post.
THANKS!!!!!

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
yea man, why dont you search please...use google...use anything. please.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
okay, well, we need a lot more info than just that....what are your plans for engine management, intercooler, turbo manifold, oil lines, etc?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well yeah ive searched around and researched it but if you have ever seen a turbo from a supra it is not the same as the t3/t4 that comes with a kit for an altima. the exhaust and intake outlets are in different spots. also the flange style on the the exhaust housing is different from the one of the fmax manifold. I was wondering if it were possible to make an adapter plate but then having to have gaskets to fit it would be a pain. First we were going to test the turbo setup to see if it would work using the stock supra intercooler and i havent really decided on fuel management yet but maybe you can give me some ideas!
Thanks!

·
8,328 Posts
so your mechanic should know how to clock a turbo.

seems like you've got a lot of learning to do. I suggest you start with a book.
Maximum Boost by Corky Bell

·
8,328 Posts
ask your mechanic......if he's a mechanic, he should definitely know.

·
8,328 Posts
btw I'm tellin you this for your protection. with your current knowledge level, you shouldn't be putting a turbo kit on your car yet. I suggest you spend a bit of time researching kits, how they work, what parts are necessary, fuel management, etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
please dont refer to me as knowing little about cars because since you dont know i have completely built my engine myself!
R.A.C.E. engineering pistons
crower rods
ferrera racing valves
JWT valve springs
JWT cam
Stillen Header
Race pipe
MSD
Hotshot Intake
Port & polish
HKS spark plugs
Vitek Wires
and after having done all of this myself i think i might know a little about cars!
I know how turbos work and everything else just for the simple fact i dont know how to clock a turbo makes me unknowledgeable?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
nissanjon97 said:
please dont refer to me as knowing little about cars because since you dont know i have completely built my engine myself!
R.A.C.E. engineering pistons
crower rods
ferrera racing valves
JWT valve springs
JWT cam
Stillen Header
Race pipe
MSD
Hotshot Intake
Port & polish
HKS spark plugs
Vitek Wires
and after having done all of this myself i think i might know a little about cars!
I know how turbos work and everything else just for the simple fact i dont know how to clock a turbo makes me unknowledgeable?
Clocking a turbo is simply spinning the compressor and or turbine housing to aligne the turbo how you need it to sit. This normally involves modifying the wastegate bracket...

My question still remains in that if you have built this motor to this extent why try and be thrifty on the turbo setup? Honestly there are MUCH better turbo's and IC's than the stock Supra parts. Lastly what compression ratio are you rinning with those new pistons?

Lastly I think Mike was referring to the fact that you are "green" when it comes to turbo's. I actually agree with him in that the best way to turbo your car is to put as much time and energy into learning abou turbo setups as you did in building your motor...

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
The Supra's CT-26 turbo will run out of air rather quickly with what you have done to your KA24 engine. It is a good old turbo as long it has been rebuilt and could be used effectively with upgrades done by a good turbo rebuilder. You might be able to get the plate to mount it to the custom manifold from the same place.

Troy

·