Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where could I get a better manifold made for my ga16? Also abouthow much would that cost? Thanks for the help. :thumbup:

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
uh, intake or exhaust buddy. once you answer that, perhaps you should search the forum ;) ;)

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chimmike said:
uh, intake or exhaust buddy. once you answer that, perhaps you should search the forum ;) ;)
Haha sorry about that there was supposed to be a "intake" in front of that manifold. Anyways I searched the site but didnt find anything.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
ahh you didn't find anything because nobody makes one ;)

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
well you did answer your own question in your question, it would have to be a custom intake manifold.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
psuLemon said:
well you did answer your own question in your question, it would have to be a custom intake manifold.
I knew it would have to be custom, my question was where would I get something like that done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey ga16freak, have you already been able to find custom intake to your GA? Or have you made it by yourself? I'm also trying to find some info about intake manifolds for GA but seems that there is quite like nothing available. I have alo been trying to calculate/simulate some working intake but it seems to be a lot harder task than exhaust manifold design..

So every bit of an information you have been able to dig out would be very much appreciated! :)

oh, and ofcourse I will also share my research&development data. :)

- No-Pain -

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
When I pulled my stock intake manifold off, you would have to have alot of attachments for the air regulator, the small coolant hoses for the throttlebody, the EGR valve and BPT valve is located on there. By the way, the EGR is built into the runners of the intake, so you would have to design that into the manifold. Also, you have the radiator hose under the intake manifold and alot of smaller 5/8" hoses to consider that hook into the lower manifold.

I have pics of when I pulled the entire manifold apart. I think that doing this makes no difference and if you polish the runners, you get 3 HP max. not worth the silly putty 300+ dollars to run the putty through from Extrude hone.

I think you can design this with Autocad and make one, but you have alot of things to re-locate like the EGR and BPT and hoses and such. I think this is a big reason why aftermarket did not attempt this. you need to make alot of extra brackets and maybe re-locate hoses and design new bends in hoses, a really big deal.

Chris 92 classic

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
o2 induction makes them for the sr's so try them. if you have a b14 you do not have to worry about the air regulator and if you are in a non emissions state, you would not have to worry about the egr either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts