Nissan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Carbon Hoods

morepower2 said:
I am also working with LDI Composits to make carbon hoods for the B13, 14 and 15 Starting with the B13. They will have a functional exit scoop like a Border Hood and will be all carbon using the stock hardware.

They will use epoxy resin instead of polyester. Epoxy is much tougher, lighter, more flexable and stronger than polyester used by other carbon hood companies. Epoxy is what real race car carbon is layed up with.

The target weight is 10-12 lbs, saving about 30 lbs. The cost will be around $499 bucks.
I think all of us should wait until this hood is completed. It will be what most of us would be looking for at a great price! I'm in to get one for my 200sx!

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Re: Re: Carbon Hoods

JD4 said:

I think all of us should wait until this hood is completed. It will be what most of us would be looking for at a great price! I'm in to get one for my 200sx!
I am not looking to make a cheap hood or a rice hood, simply the best hood.

Read up on composite construction and you will see what I am talking about with the resins and fabrics used being the best.

Lightweight and strength is important as the hood is being developed for the NASA SE-R cup racers. It will also be a badass street hood.

Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Carbon Hoods

morepower2 said:

I am not looking to make a cheap hood or a rice hood, simply the best hood.

Read up on composite construction and you will see what I am talking about with the resins and fabrics used being the best.

Lightweight and strength is important as the hood is being developed for the NASA SE-R cup racers. It will also be a badass street hood.
Exactly what I'm looking for. I don't want something that is cheap and ricey! Do you know if it will be a dry layup or wet layup hood? I think that the HKS Altezza from Japan uses a dry lay up carbon fiber body work. Mike, thanks for your time in developing the best products for our small nissan market!

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Carbon Hoods

JD4 said:

Exactly what I'm looking for. I don't want something that is cheap and ricey! Do you know if it will be a dry layup or wet layup hood? I think that the HKS Altezza from Japan uses a dry lay up carbon fiber body work. Mike, thanks for your time in developing the best products for our small nissan market!
Its gonna be a wet layup as opposed to pre preg dry layup. As much resin will be squegeed out as posible for light weight.

Pre preg requires an autoclave to get the right compactation which makes it super expensive.

Mike

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo

Yo if your also making it for the B13 Sentra Im diffinitley in! Is the quality going to be just as good if not better than Fiber Images carbon fiber hood?......And when are we gonna have word of availability?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts