Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone !!

here is the deal ... i plan on asking a guy that i know about making the veilside hoods for our car.. it is a really really aggressive hood. i told him that it would be for our sentra/200 SX's... year 95-99.

that is the general idea..

but it going to be ALL carbon fiber.. and i was wondering if we do get this going.. how many people would be interested... im really serious about doing this for you people so let me know ASAP.

Like all group stuff.. the more people interested the cheaper the hood is going to be.. so leave your mark and leave it proud and leave it certain... gimme a good time approx when you would like to buy it so then i can cut off the group buy/make/ deal or whatever you call it.

so.. leave your mark .. leave it proud.. and leave it for certain !

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill make sure it does do all that and make sure the vent is fully functional and not jes for looks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

Id like one of those, let me know if it goes through, and if i can get it with a greenish tint to it......Take care..

·
SE Limited
791 Posts
:rolleyes: greenish tint to it... geez.. just paint it.. people are so picky ;) hey.. i dont think ill be able to have the money in time for that pulley.. i mean after all .. it IS just one pulley.. and what do they run normally.. because all i could find were the pulleys for the 2.0's .. so does this mean that this pulley was special order.. or what.. and about the hood.. Fuckin Aye Bubba... ! maybe ill have money for that by then.. LOL :D Trav

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey.. the pulley are not cheap by themselves. by themselves they are 209 not shipped.

the custom carbon fiber hoods i need 2 know how many people are really interested.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i am very interested

however i will be honest...the price is important, and i am curious about the builder's experience. i am willing to pay the money for a great hood, but i have seen other people get ripped off with bad quality carbon peices. this hood would be incredible though!

·
Registered
30 Posts
interested but..

I'm interested in this style of CF hood, but I'd like to get one FULL CARBON, not the usual w/ a fiberglass framework.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey...

im gonna try to talk 2 VIS company to see if they would do that for us since i have a connection there.

ill try my best. so everyone start saving 400-500 bux. i prayin it around that price.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Probably not. i just got word from my guy that if we can get a mold done he can make it really really fast and top quality for pretty cheap. the only problem is i dont know where i can get a mold created.

·
Registered
30 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
Probably not. i just got word from my guy that if we can get a mold done he can make it really really fast and top quality for pretty cheap. the only problem is i dont know where i can get a mold created.
Let me ask my friend. I think he might know of a place out in Ontario, CA.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Carbon Hoods

I am also working with LDI Composits to make carbon hoods for the B13, 14 and 15 Starting with the B13. They will have a functional exit scoop like a Border Hood and will be all carbon using the stock hardware.

They will use epoxy resin instead of polyester. Epoxy is much tougher, lighter, more flexable and stronger than polyester used by other carbon hood companies. Epoxy is what real race car carbon is layed up with.

The target weight is 10-12 lbs, saving about 30 lbs. The cost will be around $499 bucks.

Mike

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm... can u make the b14 hoods scoop similiar to the Veilside style for the civic

1 - 20 of 29 Posts