Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone made their own cold air intake....please let me know how it came out. is it difficult to do, i am not extremely mechanicaly (not sure if i spelled it right) inclined. and do you still pass inspection. also do are there any drawbacks when it rains? thx

·
Banned
809 Posts
answers....

CAI..

when it rians, if you have a bypass valve.. 95.2% chance of being safe... witout bypass valve.. you better stay home when it rains..

Cai i dont believe will pass inspection.. expecially in tx.. fucking gay law's..

Cai customs are easy. yet hard.. just require patience... and welding

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have heard of one person that made their own cai by convincing a local muffler shop (like Midas or something) to take some 2 inch aluminum exhaust piping, cutting it the proper length and then bending it properly. Not sure how he created the link though (maybe bought a pop charger and welded it to the pipe or something??) since you would need to 'hire' a welder to make one so it bolts in place (that's not cheap, welders are basically blue collar doctors, rofl, no offense to any welders here, just that the lack of them and the skill required tends to make a good one not very cheap). As for the filter, you can pick up the k&n cone filters at just about any Pep Boys or Autozone or anything like that in your area most likely. Personally I'd just buy one since you can get them from anywhere around $60-200+, probably the cheapest is still cheaper than all that trouble.

As far as legalness of a cai, it very well may depend on the state, but I just put a Stillen CAI on my 97 se-r (god I love the sound) and did emissions testing and it passed with flying colors...it also now seems to fly, just need to add more colors..yeah yeah, bad joke...it's late :)

BTW, I live in Georgia which is not very strict on emissions, not sure where we rank in the country on 'strictness' though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts