Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Nissan have any small-displacement rear wheel drive cars in production globally (2005 model year)? I believe the only new RWD car (trucks are another story) available in the U.S. is the 350Z. Is there a RWD car with less than 2 liters of displacement being produced in in Japan/Europe/anywhere else?

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
im sure there are a few, but i doubt under 2 liters...most new cars are going for power, back in 1990 110hp was cool, now 350hp is normal.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
the only global car rwd platform remotely near sport compact is the G35/350z platform, iirc

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
IIRC i heard that 90% of nissans production comes from 5 platforms, the altimw.max.quest/murano... the g35,Z,fx... truck(titan armada, path, xterra, frontier,QX56, the Q45/m45 and the sentra...

·
Registered
81 Posts
You could always make your own rwd nissan :thumbup: Hell, I know a guy who would do it....you just have to have the $$$

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think its a bit of a shame that this concept has become extinct. Back in the Datsun days there were plenty of reasonably priced sports cars from the early roadsters (1200, 1600, 2000) to the 510 and the z-series.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Conner said:
I think its a bit of a shame that this concept has become extinct. Back in the Datsun days there were plenty of reasonably priced sports cars from the early roadsters (1200, 1600, 2000) to the 510 and the z-series.
Ya, the freaking 5 dime was one silly little car...but it was rwd...thats what counted. It's just too easy and cheap to produce fwd as opposed to rwd. Damn market

·
8,328 Posts
why ? almost no other brand has a small RWD platform.........

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
isn't there an australian 200SX that's like a 240sx with an sr20? or is that out of
production now

·
8,328 Posts
you're not mr.current events are you?

·
Registered
81 Posts
nske said:
No small rwd platform here in Europe

Though toyota has the one, that uses the Mr2, isn't it?
the MR-S but other manufacturers make little rwd cars, just not a lot. Mazda makes the miata and the rx-8. Honda has the duece triple O. The markets just not flooded with them...

·
Registered
43 Posts
GM is getting into the sport compact game, pontiac solstice and saturn sky (same chassis for both) are going to directly compete with the miata in 07. Both with ecotec engines, forced induction as an option, RWD, around 2800 lbs. And I must say, the saturn sky is pretty cool looking even if it is a saturn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
how about an elise? :thumbup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
formula4speed said:
GM is getting into the sport compact game, pontiac solstice and saturn sky (same chassis for both) are going to directly compete with the miata in 07. Both with ecotec engines, forced induction as an option, RWD, around 2800 lbs. And I must say, the saturn sky is pretty cool looking even if it is a saturn.
as much as I don't like gm....got any links about the car? the sky that is..

·
Registered
114 Posts
formula4speed said:
And Mazda is upping the ante. The NA 2 liter in the next MX-5 (the Miata name is dead) has 170 hp, presumably with a turbo MazdaSpeed edition coming shortly after it.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
gm has never been able to make a normal car feel tight on the road, i wouldn't even consider those models no matter how many ponies they have. GM needs to learn that power isn't everything.

besides, ecotech scares the crap out of me. they break the connecting rods and then put them back together to "improve strength"...but i dont like the idea of having a pre-broken engine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts