Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was just messing around with my daily car which is a Toyota Tercel 1993 (LOL) and it just started snowing crazy style, then my friend calls me up with his 1992 240sx and asks me to go driving in da snow...cuz he wanted to show off his "skills" so we just do some 180s and what not and then wen i was making a turn to the left (about a 110 degree turn) my car just took off da oposite way and it hit the oposite curb with my front right tire, and wen i tried driving away it was making a noise like something was clicking something everytime the wheel turned...i thought it was a flat but its not and its 10:00 pm rite now and snowing crazy style and i cant really check anything w/o a garage so i just left my car there thinking of what could of happened...guys got any imput on what could of happened(maybe something stupid like this happened to u before :) ) or something and how much it mite cost to fix it if u guys do know cuz u seem like a bunch of smart ppl :) thnx a bunch

-Arnold
(Sorry this aint really about a 240sx but this is one of the best forums i found around and I am geting a 240sx really soon and i was trying to "school" a 240sx lol in da snow with my beast :) )

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u know how much $$$ it would cost? im just wondering so i would know if its worth it to fixit or should i just wait till i get my new car in a month or so...

-Arnold

·
SR20DE powered.
208 Posts
Depends on what part you wacked... maybe around $600 with labor? Not sure really.

If it's really bad you could make it worse by driving on it, but if it isn't too bad I guess you could drive on it for a bit.

If it's just a damaged CV joint, you could drive on that for a bit... But if the axle goes, it would be trouble.
I was driving on a pretty worn axle for awhile, it only make a "woub woub woub" noise when accelerating... Unfortuantly I wrecked the car before I got around to replacing the axle. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol yah thats the noise it makes me for...sounds like a flat tire wen i was going on the snow...didnt think much ofit, good thing i was 3 mins away from my house, fucking hate snow lol...oh well shit happens gonna have to learn from my stupid ass mistakes... :loser: ....thnx for helpin me out.

-Arnold

·
SR20DE powered.
208 Posts
Yeah, no problem.

I bumped a curb with the rear wheel earlier in my parent's pathfinder... good thing I didn't bump it too hard, heh. I forgot I took it out of 4WD, oops.
And before that I did a 360, but that was mostly on purpose. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my bumb was @ about 3-5mph cuz i was on my way home...and the car just gave up on me after doing all that crazy **** but dunno cant wait for tomorrow to find out wtf i did :) (perfect chance for me to get a new car cuz this "car" or w/e u wanna callit that i got ATM is worth like 500 :) )

-Arnold

1 - 7 of 7 Posts