Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IM ashamed of myself.......I didnt realize they had them at Mossy......lol

But at least now more people will know to not bid on them....DAMN the more time I spend on EBAY --the more I hate it --U cant trust any1 on there at all....

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
mass mailing!!!

ALL i know is some guy emailed me and said he got my name of of the sentra.net site soliciting me to buy his clears for $115- .. he must be crazy

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I gave him the low-down on the pricing....told him not to try selling to any of us for that price. ;)

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Re: mass mailing!!!

addictednissan said:
ALL i know is some guy emailed me and said he got my name of of the sentra.net site soliciting me to buy his clears for $115- .. he must be crazy
I'd be interested in knowing how he did that. I've tried to make it as difficult as possible for people to get addresses from the site.

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
Re: Re: mass mailing!!!

Scott said:

I'd be interested in knowing how he did that. I've tried to make it as difficult as possible for people to get addresses from the site.
i dont have a clue all i know is that is what he told me via email that he went by the picture of my car on your site and he emailed me about them

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Re: Re: Re: mass mailing!!!

addictednissan said:

i dont have a clue all i know is that is what he told me via email that he went by the picture of my car on your site and he emailed me about them
OK, he probably just used the message form. I was concerned he might have found a way to mass spam everyone.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
There is no doubt those pics are from NPM, I took them.. I wrote him and told he to stop using them without permission. It pisses you off when you see your hard work being used like that..

I can assure everyone that Sentra.net and NPM has nothing to do with this and would never give away or sale e-mail address.. That kinda crap is for bottom feeders...

Michael Young

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
this is what he wrote

"Hi, I was just browsing throught the Sentra.net Gallery and I noticed that your car doesn't have any clear corner lights. It jsut so happens that I have a supply of Euro Crystal Clear Corner lights for the B14, 95-99 Sentra, 95-98 200sx. I am selling them at $115/set+$15 for shipping. These are a perfect match for the crystal clear headlights, a great accent for the projector lights, and just a great cosmetic upgrade. They offer better looks as well as better lighting. If you are interested or have any questions, please email me back. I do have pictures if needed. Thank you for your time."

I have no doubt in my mind that sentra.net would give out any of our info!
i think every one should should just stay away from this guy in case you dont have it already his email is <[email protected]> i suggest bugging the shit out of him

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Re: this is what he wrote

addictednissan said:
I have no doubt in my mind that sentra.net would give out any of our info!
Did you mean to say would not? Because we don't give out any info. :)

i think every one should should just stay away from this guy in case you dont have it already his email is <[email protected]> i suggest bugging the shit out of him
Staying away from this guy is the best suggestion. He's using copyrighted material and soliciting people about his products through sentra.net, both without permission. In either case we would not have given permission anyway.

Thanks for bringing this up. I'm currently working on a new Owners Registry for sentra.net and after reading this, one of the features I now plan to make optional is the contact form.

·
tiffany was hardcore?
195 Posts
yes

that is what i meant to write... oops forgetting to put in words in my sentences again

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hehehe....thats the same email i got too. I know it was probably wrong of this email guy to mass mail or whatever, but i honestly dont see the big threat....or maybe I'm missing it. We exchanged a few emails over the course of a day, and he seemed to listen when I told him about mailing people like that....Well, do what you gotta do I guess. :)

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
andre said:
Hehehe....thats the same email i got too. I know it was probably wrong of this email guy to mass mail or whatever, but i honestly dont see the big threat....or maybe I'm missing it. We exchanged a few emails over the course of a day, and he seemed to listen when I told him about mailing people like that....Well, do what you gotta do I guess. :)
I know it may not seem like a big deal, but what he's doing makes it appear as if sentra.net condones his actions. He used pictures from one of Michaels's articles and contacted people using the resources of sentra.net. We do not condone what he did and if permission had been asked, it would have been denied. It's great if this person now knows why what he did is wrong, and even better if he never does it again, but I still plan to make the owners registry contact form optional. :) It will be on a per user basis so each person can decide whether they want people to have the option of sending them messages. Unfortunately there's not much we can do to prevent image theft.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts