Nissan Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ive probably got like 90 hp, yeah its awful, His was a stock Saturn ( I only raced cuz he was a friend of mine) and he wasnt good at manual shifting. Also, putting it in neutral and revving a little to build up rpms and then switchin to 1, its kinda hard cuz you gotta be quick with the shift. getting a good jump off the light helped me beat him too. But to no avail I will be parting with my Sentra this week, cuz im getting another Sentra though, 94 SE-R

·
..::SR20 MuthaF*%@#$::..
457 Posts
.. well you know what, the dude sed he gotta si engine then he does, there is such thing as a CRX SI .. they come si it's old skool buddy, well... its way lighter, faster acc., and si! it will beat ur no doubt!!!!! even the hi-fuel ones would beet a auto 96 accord ... .. its very hard to win against a 5-speed if u hav an auto.. unless u are alredy rolling then race!. not stop-N-go... ... but hey'!.. its on u.. if u wanna loose. or whatever.... CRX in mah small town is one of the fastest.. imports here.. it beat a 98 v8 mustang GT!.. and that is fast!... well. peace!

S

·
0 Posts
A Mustang GT aint all that fast. Stock Mustang GT that is. A modded n/a se-r can beat a stock gt.

·
..::SR20 MuthaF*%@#$::..
457 Posts
Saggy said:
A Mustang GT aint all that fast. Stock Mustang GT that is. A modded n/a se-r can beat a stock gt.
really its fast. and the mustang was fixed up, it beat, a lexuss 400 sumthing.. it was v8, and it was fast... it also beat a older camero. and that one was fast... it just raced the other a nissan 240 and it had it on the end but... damn.. its still fast!.. but i dont know im just stayings a STOCK CRX is fast. this dude has a b16a engine.and, alot of other mods... its mah friend and i helpd him get it up there!. and if u didnt know b16a is a SI-R engine from japan...

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yea i have been trying to figure out what engine he really has, but i cant find any photos of honda engines for crxes anywhere on the internet.

the thing that still gets me, is his car is an 88 now confirmed, but i didn't think they made the SI in 88. i thought it was 89 and up.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Yeah, when he says Si, he probably isn't lying. The crx did come in Si form as an EF generation. Its a D16Y6 or something like that. Anyways its a single cam non vtec motor. Its not exactly going to blow you out of the water. Although your auto transmission doesn't help you either. If he's running on 17's you got a better chance of beating him. His tires aren't going to do shit for him. Performance tires like the ones he's rocking aren't exactly for straight line performance. I'm sure they just have a higher speed rating which he will never acheive in his Si. Anyways, I still got money (half a penny) on the crx based only because he has a 5 speed.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Bring his @ss to me with his B18C5! Would you still bet that half a penny? You wanna see my girl's car against some big boys www.back-yard-productions.com and it'll give you something to think about; even that half a penny (LOL):D P.S. go to the video vault and look for the sentra

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
who has a type r motor?? I'm not following you on that one...

And nice run against the wrx. How much boost and what mods did you have when you made that run? What did the wrx run?

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I'm just BSing about the type R motor, but basically saying they could use that one as well and I'll make that half a penny :D The WRX ran a 13.7 @101mph. His car was nice and I knew it wasn't going to be easy with no limited slip diff. But I concentrated on my launch, trying so hard no let the tires break and I smoked him all the way by exactly 1.5 car lengths.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts