Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'be got a 93 Sentra XE. my friend's brother just bought 84-85??? CRX. he wants to race me. his CRX is a 5spd and my XE is auto. i'm sure he will beat me, his car does seem more neck yanking them mine. as far as i know, the CRX is rated for the same horsepower. and it looks a lot lighter. but i read in one of the projects that the stock 1.6GA was only beaten by a SE-R and an Si.

what does everyone think? i really don't know the numbers on CRX's as far as speed times. both cars are stock, although he has 17" rims Vs. my 14" rims. and proformance wise tires Vs. my all seasons.

P.S i could never peel out if my life depended on it, don't really think i need proformance tires.

·
Registered
672 Posts
ScarCrow28 said:
but i read in one of the projects that the stock 1.6GA was only beaten by a SE-R and an Si.

i think that that article was talking about a bolt on 1.6

·
Registered
118 Posts
his crx doesnt have the same engine that is in the civic si unless he or the previous owner did an engine swap, and then, when looking at the engine, you should be able to tell, as it will look much newer than everything else in the car. crx's are slow. you should be able to take him.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
while i forgot to ask and double check the year of the car, doing some research on cars. com in y free time revealed a 89CRX Si (88 was not listed) with a 1.6 108hp engine. the 1.5s were said to top out at 91.

he since painted his car so there is no badging left on it. changed the interior as well, so that discourages any hints there. i did get a look at the engine, but i'm not fimilar with honda engines. i'm going to see if i can find some stuff right now.

P.S. my XE does 0 - 60 in 12seconds :~( i know it's an auto but i thought it would be better then that. i saw somewhere it was good for 8's.

EDIT: After lookin at some pics, his can't be an 84. it's diffenetly a new model. the second generation. still not sure which engine. but he says Si

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
i dont think a stock xe would have a 0-60 time of 8 seconds going down hill. I would think anywhere from 9.5 to 10.5. A stock SE-R (B13) had 0-60 times anywhere from 7.3 to 8.1. Maybe that is what you saw.

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah, 0-60 in 8 seconds in an xe is just crazy talk. my 94 bmw 325is (6 cyl, 190bhp) was only listed as doing it in 7something. oh, and it walked crx's constantly. usually i was beating them before i figured out they were trying to race me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A stock CRX does not get out of its own way. Remember it was made as an econmoy car. But they are very good for swaps cause they are so light. So watch out a CRX w/ a b16/b18 swap. They are pretty common and they are fast.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
ihateloops said:
yeah, 0-60 in 8 seconds in an xe is just crazy talk. my 94 bmw 325is (6 cyl, 190bhp) was only listed as doing it in 7something. oh, and it walked crx's constantly. usually i was beating them before i figured out they were trying to race me.
lol. i would be laughin my ass off. but if i were the other guy, that would really piss me off.

P.S. my car is still 12 seconds, i timed it again. but i'm hoping my new O2 sensor, will help a little, along with my gas mileage problem. i'm can't seem to get more then 31mpg, all highway. the prevous owner stated they were getting nearly 40mpg!

by the way, were having a hell of a time trying to get the old one off. it must be origional, and probably has been there since the car was built. it's been 2 days and were still fighting with it. though the angle its in is not the easiest place to deal with.

but, after 140k, i'm betting there will be a difference with the new one installed.

D

·
0 Posts
you shouldn't have a problem with a tiny crx... when i first bought my b14... we ran it against a '94 integra ls w/ intake and headers... and it was able to keep up... if you have a b13 with the same ga16de motor, then all you have to do is make sure you manually shift the gears (since you have an auto)... btw, the 89-91 crx si comes with a d16a motor that's pushing 108 flywheel hp...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I say race him, if he beats you (highly improbable) then buy an intake or headers and whoop him next time. There is always gonna be someone with a faster car

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I agree with you sentra dragon!! There's always someone with a faster ride than yours, but they'll still just have to bring it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You know my first race with my Sentra, no mods or anything, I raced a Saturn and you know what, I got burned. He beat me by about three car lengths. I didn't even think about manual shifting with my auto, but three weeks later I raced him again, this time I had My headers, exhaust, WeaponR filter and advanced timing, I manual shifted and I whooped him. He was suprised because Mines auto hes manual and I had 2 10 inch subs in a box and all the rest of my sweet stereo in the car and the weight didn't matter.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
saturn?? Hell, i guess they can get some spankings, too...LOL:D Who in their right mind races those things? They suck......

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
boost_boy said:
saturn?? Hell, i guess they can get some spankings, too...LOL:D Who in their right mind races those things? They suck......
well they are fast! they are ugly as hell but fast. i have gotten whoped by one myself. but it didnt' help, that is was going up a hill. i'm sure you all know how good sentras are with hills when stock. i don't know about after.

i'm suprised you beat him that easily with only a few mods! i herd that the mods don't really get you over 100WHP?!

was his modded? if not, what kind of gains to they get?? anyone know?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts