Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am new to this site and have recently bout a 03 spec v.
the car has a problem with the cruise control. i can turn the cruise control on and the light in the cluster will turn on but when i go to set the speed nothing happens. i looked through both the fuse panels and found nothing that related to the cruise. im a little lost so does anyone have any suggestions. thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have this same problem. It was working intermittently for the last few days and now it has totally stopped.

I think there is a little button somewhere on the brake pedal that gets old and breaks off and that causes the problem. I found a little black broken piece of plastic on the floor right under the brake pedal myself. I'm hoping someone has a picture of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check if you can start the car without pressing the clutch, if so that might just be the issue. The press switch behind the clutch tends to make false contacts. Im guessing the brakes one might do the same, but that would mean your brake lights are always on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nah! It was the little rubber button that goes on the backstop of the brake pedal. I replaced it about two weeks ago, cruise is great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
checked it all but still nothing. It is electronic throtle so there realy isnt no cable or vacum line to check is there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
brake switch

I just brought mine to fix. I had the same symptoms too. After being unable to find the problem..i brought it into nissan. I can't believe it was so simple too..it was the brake switch that was stuck. It's that switch behind the brake pedal (near the top of the brake shaft)..the switch was presssed down so my cruise control thought that I was brake so therefore it won't engage into cruise mode; so they replaced that switch..and now it's working.

It's only $46 part..and i ended up paying $240 for the repair in the end..so i hope this will save all of you guys this chunk of money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's the ASCD brake switch. When you crawl underneath where your break ypedal is located..trace up midway along the brake shaft and You'll see when u depress the brake it hits this button and that's what tells the cruise control to stop the cruise mode. its just a little switch that looks simple to replace..but i never tried it myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
my brake light wasn't on eventhough the ASCD brake switch was depressed. I think they are independant from each other.

ASCD brake switch seemed easy to fix by looking at it, it only cost approx. $46 for the part..but of course Nissan has to charge an arm & a leg to replace it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts