Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a thread on a certain Altimasdotnet site about the crimped exhaust pipe at the rear of the Altima.

The guy explained that he took his car to a shop where the tech told him it would not be beneficial to remove that section of pipe. He also said that he had seen cars dyno'ed with and w/o and that it made no difference in the runs.

Now in my limited exhaust knowlege, how is that possible? I can understand how a chambered muffler is just a little more restrictive than a straight through design, but how would that crimped pipe not make a bottleneck?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Fat_Mike said:
I am dumb...
I am dumber.......And I see not point to it...Poor maxima guys are missing 15 hp and you are bitching about your pinched pipe:p

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it. I'm starting a class action law suit against nissan for that crimped pipe they put on all the Altimas.

Who's with me. WHO'S WITH ME!!!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Altim8GA said:
That's it. I'm starting a class action law suit against nissan for that crimped pipe they put on all the Altimas.

Who's with me. WHO'S WITH ME!!!!
Maybe we should Crimp more of our pipe and loose 15 hp then the Maxima guys wouldn`t have a lawsuit?;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Slurppie said:
if the cfm exiting the resonator is the same or less than what the crimped section can handle, then replacing it would be pointless.

Slurp.. you are right.. but if you replace the resonator and the crimped pipe with 2 1/2 inch pipe you will allow the gases to flow out freer, and increase HP. So in stock form, I would agree with you as our stock 2 inch piping is not designed for performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts