Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a lot of discussion about clutch issues but I seem to have something that hasn't been addressed. The clutch pedal on my SE-R has recently been creaking (audibly and physically noticeable). It also has a slight change in pressure near the bottom of pedal travel. Could this be caused by a worn out PP or the cable?
Furthermore, my brakes have also been creaky when the weather is hot out. What's that about?!

Just want to have the car feeling/working normally!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine does the same thing as what you were describing, but its not the cable that is doing it - its the clutch pedal spring. Granted, the cable still can cause a lot of problems.

You can verify this by spraying some lubricant on that spring at the top of the pedal and seeing if it gets easier to use. I actually have a new spring, but haven't installed it yet because I think it'll be a real bitch.

Aaron

N

·
0 Posts
creaky clutch cable

You can buy a replacement one for between 15-27, which I recommend doing asap. Mine began creaking and snapped shortly after on a really cold day.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It could be either one... mine's been creaking for the last few years. Every now and then it'll act up and I'll attack the spring with a little silicone spray and it'll go away again for a few months.

I'd try that first before I replaced the cable...

·
Registered
12 Posts
creaking clutch pedal/cable

I've had the same problem twice. I'd first change the most important part. The clutch cable. If it doesn't go away, check if the clutch pedal bushes are'nt worn away. Sometimes they wear through and the clutch pedal spring starts making a noise. If you don't feel like cahanging them, just shove some grease in where the bushes are. It will go away, but not for long. GOOD LUCK!

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
if you can hear and feel the cable moving through the pedal, change it. Mine did that for a while and then my clutch cable snapped. I had to drive 7 miles home shifting without the clutch. Actually, all i had to do was shift up through all the gears once and then hope I didnt get caught by any lights. It was past midnight so i was pretty lucky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts