Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was driving home the abs light came on then the air bag light started blinking then radio started going in and out and clock light started dimming then headlights started fading out was close enough home pulled in driveway and all the lights almost all the way out got half way down the driveway and the gave the car gas and nothing happened wouldnt rev up then cut out. i opened my hood n found the ground to the battery loose tightened up started up fine with all the lights bright and good let it run for 2 minutes and the abs light came back on air bag light started blinking n everything started dimming real quickly n could floor it n nothing would happened and finally the engine cut out this is my daily driver and have no idea because i cant leave my driveway any help would be awesome i dont know if this has happened to anyone else its a 97 auto maxima with 150k miles on it everything has been working fine untill now it makes no sense it all just randomly happened luckily i made it home but now cant drive it, it will start up if i let it sit for a couple minutes but everything happens the same it makes no sense seems likes something dumb as hell but i have never messed with a nissan n need help!!!! :wtf:

·
Registered
56 Posts
was driving home the abs light came on then the air bag light started blinking then radio started going in and out and clock light started dimming then headlights started fading out was close enough home pulled in driveway and all the lights almost all the way out got half way down the driveway and the gave the car gas and nothing happened wouldnt rev up then cut out. i opened my hood n found the ground to the battery loose tightened up started up fine with all the lights bright and good let it run for 2 minutes and the abs light came back on air bag light started blinking n everything started dimming real quickly n could floor it n nothing would happened and finally the engine cut out this is my daily driver and have no idea because i cant leave my driveway any help would be awesome i dont know if this has happened to anyone else its a 97 auto maxima with 150k miles on it everything has been working fine untill now it makes no sense it all just randomly happened luckily i made it home but now cant drive it, it will start up if i let it sit for a couple minutes but everything happens the same it makes no sense seems likes something dumb as hell but i have never messed with a nissan n need help!!!! :wtf:
does everything happen all at once or is it one at a time? have you had your battery tested to see if its bad?

check for corrosion on the battery, i would suggest a can of battery acid detector by kar products if you can get your hands on it. the belt to the alternator could be loose, or there could be corrosion on the connection. i have a 96 200sx, the airbag light has been on for almost 2 years now. ive heard that 10 years after the mfg. date they start to flash, why i dont know. id also check the ground to the chassis, make sure thats all cleaned up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts