Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I try to crank the engine, a crazy sound comes from the hood. It kinda sounds like a grinding-buzzing type sound. Is it the starter maybe?

Also, I am about to have my clutch replaced, I don't really want to have the flywheel resurfaced because I'm gonna have it done soon anyway because I absolutely have to get my car going so I'm putting in a cheap clutch kit until I can get a good one. Is that sound possibly the flywheel missing teeth?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
20 Posts
bigchu420 said:
Whenever I try to crank the engine, a crazy sound comes from the hood. It kinda sounds like a grinding-buzzing type sound. Is it the starter maybe?

Also, I am about to have my clutch replaced, I don't really want to have the flywheel resurfaced because I'm gonna have it done soon anyway because I absolutely have to get my car going so I'm putting in a cheap clutch kit until I can get a good one. Is that sound possibly the flywheel missing teeth?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.

straps on alternator

·
Registered
114 Posts
Does it kinda sound like the starter stays engaged just a second too long? That's what mine sounded like shortly before it died.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have some what the same noise. When the car starts or once and awhile when it is cranking. It is like a buzzing noise. But it really only does it when it is cold.
-Ben

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All weather

Yeah, people were asking about the weather and such but it does it here in Virginia Beach (snows sometimes), and back home in Georgia (hot @$$ summers). I don't think it matters the temperature.

The belts might be a better fix. It feels like the power steering might be going out sometimes. That could be the belt as well. It just don't make that typical worn belt starting scream!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts