Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago I bought my 1998 se for $5000 out the door. I paid an additional $800 for a powertrain warranty (engine and trans)... I haven't used it yet, and so far I don't think I will need to. (car had 58k when I got it, like 66k now)...

Do you think it's 'immoral' to 'mess' up my engine and/or trans to get a new one? This warranty lasts like 4yr/40k.... It would be nice to have a new engine around then.

What could I do that would warrant me a NEW engine or NEW trans, without being obvious I screwed with stuff? It has to look like normal wear and tear or something like that.

How immoral is this in your opinions?

Thanks

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
dont do anything to it man- I mean like a filter or anything
]
go out to somewhere where you have time and space and noone goes- make sure you take your cell phone too b/c youre gonna need a ride and a tow truck for this. get a set of doughnuts to through in the woods too. Heres what to do- over rev the shit out of the engine, you should drain the oil out too- leave one quart- do this before you drive it to your special place youve picked- so yeah, when you get out there throw it in reverse, drive backwards until it redlines for like 30 minutes then at full reverse speed throw it in 1st gear and drop the clutch! your gears are gonna grind like a son of a bitch! then when youve dont that like 10 times, drive down the road at like 15 mph in 5th gear and just floor it- if that doesnt give you 5th gear pop out after a little while I dont know what will. this way all the damage is internal and you dont look like one of those idiots who needlessly puts aftermarket products on his a-b transportation so he can beat the crap out of more expensive cars yadda yadda yadda. before the tow truck gets there- throw more oil in it- make sure its new- so you can be like " well I just did an oil change damnit!" and replace the doughnuts with your regular tires- might wanna try to move the car away from the tire marks on the road too- and walllaaaaaa! toasted nissan! I should really write a book:D or you can do what I did on fri night- go 110 mph with your nitrous at full blast and melt your #2 piston so bad that when you go to check for compression you dont even see the guage spike- theyd figure you out on that one though-- anyone wanna sell a ga16de t me?:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh.. sounds good. i dont know though.. I would be sooo f*cked if they tore it apart and were like 'this is from obvious neglect' or some shit... it has to look really really accidental.. I think they would know if my trans and engine went out at the same time. im thinking of making the engine go kaboom first, then 10k later the trans

·
1,541 Posts
well, its worth a shot man
Ive got a trashed 5 speed you could use-lol

·
1,541 Posts
its is kinda immoral too though man- but think about how many people get screwed over by the companys who offer that stuff- got get em man
damn youre in atl- I hope you went to nopi- that show was so worth the 8 hour drive!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like , if it were some mom and pop insurance company I would feel bad... but its not, its a huge corporation who offers many dealers warranties to then sell to customers

mainly, I paid $800 for it... and if my engine 'decides' to crap out on its own thats the ONLY way I'll get my money back. I doubt that will happen (what with it needing to be before 100k...) so I'm thinking its not that immoral if I 'help it along'... Im thinking more of something that isnt immediate (a friend recommended just driving it hard as possible... to redline every gear... ) thats not really pushing it past what its designed to do...

·
Driver
736 Posts
I don't think its really about being moral... the thing is, how are they not gonna blame you for making the engine blow? Normal wear and tear doesn't do that...maybe if you misshift or something I guess:confused:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Jesus God, I can't remember but I think insurance fraud accounts for 6 plus million dollars. That's ridiculas, this is what drives up insurance rates for the rest of us

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its NOT insurance fraud. this isnt an insurance company

its a company that provides warranties for cars. They have scammed at least 2 people I know of. (you are supposed to be able to get your money back if you dont use the warranty. They come up with some stupid reasons (legal) about how they 'cant ' give it back ... )

·
Registered
393 Posts
make sure that whatever you do to it, it'll be covered. read your warranty and make sure it covers everything from a gasket to a connecting rod. that way, if you do decide to "downshift @ 90 mph" it'll be covered

·
Registered
145 Posts
oky doky then...

Nostrodomas said:
Dont do it. there are to many loop holes in the extended warrenty. There will find a way to screw you. Just my opinion.
But..umm... wasn't the thread started to get an idea if folks on the forum thought it was okay to "screw" Nissan?

·
Registered
323 Posts
wait a minute your right, i didn't read that all that well, ok well do as you please :) hell that's the reason I buy service plans on electronics

·
Registered
500 Posts
In other words, basically the only thing you're sure to get away with is manufacturer's defects and normal wear and tear. The idea behind the warranty is to guarantee that all the parts will work perfectly under normal driving conditions. If you burn up your clutch by driving with it half engaged for an hour straight, that's abnormal driving and they'll fuck you with that and blame it on you and make you pay for it.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
UnderDog said:
In other words, basically the only thing you're sure to get away with is manufacturer's defects and normal wear and tear. The idea behind the warranty is to guarantee that all the parts will work perfectly under normal driving conditions. If you burn up your clutch by driving with it half engaged for an hour straight, that's abnormal driving and they'll fuck you with that and blame it on you and make you pay for it.
\

Exactly!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes yes, I agree with all that... except the part about screwing nissan. I'm not screwing nissan, I'm screwing this company that offers extended warrantys, who have screwed at least two people (that I know of). supposedly you are supposed to get all of your money back if you dont use the warranty at all. (this is why I bought it)... however, they didnt use theirs and its almost up, and the company is telling them that for 'legal reasons they cannot refund their money , this is for their own good'

I say f*ck that. I paid for it under the misconception that if left unused I would get my money back. I feel as though I SHOULD get my money back.. one way or the other. I dont want to drain the engine of oil, blow it, then fill it back and up be like I dont know what happened.

But I will if I have to.

However... what about something like.... keep it at redline... until something gives. That's 'technically' 'politically' not doing anything the engine isnt 'designed' to do... right?

The warranty covers "any internal parts except for clutch, and includeing cv axles"

I am mainly pissed about my two friends (one is my g/f) who bought an $800 warranty and won't get their money back. However, I have a good friend at the dealership who says that the warranty WILL pay for repairs. Nissan (the dealer) does the repair and gets the money from the service contract company.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Wait a minute....will your "act" be covered? Be sure to read the fine print because they will scour your claim. Getting repairs out of some of those companies is very difficult in some cases.

·
Team Serious
2,133 Posts
throw a jack under the fron put it in first and throw a brick on the pedal....lol:D j/k

but thats what my freind did with his z28
he bought it wih like 68k and at about 98k his warrenty was running out so thats what he did.... he had a new engine in 2 1/2 weeks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts