Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I came back from mexico ( my car was fine when I left) and my car would not start. I replaced the fuel filter and a sensor that had been out. Still nothing ( as I figured) oh and the battery, still nothing. Well aparently something got clogged up and the hoses blew off the fuel pump inside the gas tank. The hoses were all jacked up so they were replaced (with hoses that aren't made to be in fluid...) and now the fuel gage needle is completely jacked up HHHHH Crap. Well The light still works so I have put that off for a little bit since I am a college student and broke. Well Now I have an exhaust leak (which also started after I got it out of the same shop) WEll this all sucks but I am learning how to take care of my car the very expensive way I guess. Everytime I get it out of the shop there is a new problem. Well I have to fix the exhaust leak first and I was thinking about stepping it up with a better exhaust system. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having a tough time.
Yes I have that problem; on the rare occasions i take the car into a shop it develops another problem.
I have sworn that sometimes they stick screw driver in a seal or cv boot.
You have some options from expensive, to a cheap 2 1/4 crush job.
The best cheapest answer is a mandrel bent system made up of bends. There are kits, your local exhaust shop welds it all together and you get mandrel bends in 2 1/4 pipe at a reasonable cost.
Search the forum and you will find the references.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts