Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone (Noob here). I have a 2006 Nissan X-Trail, 2.5 petrol with LPG conversion. I purchased it as a none runner and managed to solve this.
Having the engine running I have found the crank shaft pulley seal has gone. No my problem, I have reviewed on this forum and researched You Tube and tried all the advices to no avail. The latest by borrowing a 480 Neuton impact driver and X-Trail still said no.
Can anyone provide any insight and had any experience in this matter.
Yes I have tried the method of locking off the wrench and using the engine crank method, this just split my socket and began rounding off the bolt head.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,900 Posts
You can try a 3/4" 600 ft-lb air impact wrench using 6-pointed impact sockets. If that doesn't work, spray the bolt area with PB Blaster, wait for several minutes, then tap the bolt head with a large hammer; repeat with PB Blaster and hammer. Air impact wrench again. If that still doesn't work, apply heat with an Oxy torch to the bolt head; air impact wrench again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, rogoman, thanks for the info. I managed to get the harmonic balancer pulley wheel off and the oil seal changed.
I resulted to using a breaker bar with a 19mm socket directly on the bolt (no extension bars as seen in many video) the breaker bar was then wedged against the suspension bar and engine turned over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts