Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a growing crack in my windshield that started from the top. It doesn't appear to have an impact point. It seems to be a stress crack. I don't go off road, so I am at a loss as to why this would happen. Is it a structural issue with my truck? I have a 2000 Frontier Crew Cab SE with a V6 . Anybody else have or heard of this?
TIA.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I too have a 2K CC and had to replace my windshield. A vehicle in front of me picked up a rock and it landed on my windshield. I was not too happy about it. Anyway, the crack started at the impact and within minutes rendered the windshield unserviceable. I ended up going straight to my truck insurance company to help me get it replaced. It still ended costing me $150.00 to get it fixed.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unrelated question

Sorry for the intrusion but I want to ask a fellow 2k Crew owner a question:

Does your a/c condenser fan (just behind the front grille) turn on whenever you turn on the air conditioning?

I just replaced my compressor but the condenser fan never comes on. I am trying to troubleshoot and find out what conditions must be true to activate the fan.

Can you help me please?

·
Registered
70 Posts
i know you said there was no impact point but no future reference when i was on a trip a couple of years ago a rock hit my window and to prevent it from spreading i put some super glue at the impact point and around it and it didnt spread thru the whole trip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts