Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2016 Frontier 4 days ago..USED w/ little over 300 miles. Everything seem brand new. This
morning there was a light frost ..35 degrees. After getting in and starting it up with defroster on, after about a minute I heard a small "snap" sound and noticed a crack appeared in windshield from bottom of windshield just above dash on drivers side to back down to bottom in front of passenger seat. Vehicle wasn't moving so no road hazard.. Am I going to have problem with dealer replacing it..not paid by my insurance.Anyone else with this situation on a almost new vehicle? Right now there is 475 miles on odometer.

Thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
Erl,

You can ask the Dealer,, but I doubt that they will fix it,, but maybe.

You'll probably have to use the Comprehensive on your Insurance. If so I hope you have a low deductible. I recently had a chip repair on my Windshield. The Repair was done by Safe Lite, but the Repair didn't work,, and the Chip Spread and I had to have the windshield replaced. Safe Lite didn't use the drill on the chip repair, and said they don't use drill's anymore. This is the first time that I've had a chip repair that didn't work. I've had many mucho repair's done in the past, but they alway's used a drill first. Also first time I've had a Girl do a Repair!

Next time, Maybe I'll try to use a repair company that still use the drill first.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BRubble

That's kinda what I thought also. I have $250 deductible with State Farm and I always go through a reputable shop here locally that uses Original factory parts. This is the 3rd windshield I've had replace in last 8 years at this glass shop. One F 150 and this will be the 2nd Frontier.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,341 Posts
If they deem it a stress crack and there is no signs of chips in the glass where the crack is, they "should" replace it under warranty. It can't hurt to bring it in for them to look at and explain the circumstances as to when it occurred. If the dealer says it's not covered, try mentioning it on Nissan's Facebook page and they will often try to help out if they can. You can also call the customer service hotline at 1-800-NISSAN-1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts