Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently installed a radio i bought my self...the installation was a lil tricky at first but i got it to work....BUT when am driving and i accelerate i hear a whistling noise and if i take off the radio and drive I don't hear the noise anymore...this leads me to believe...the problems lies with the radio...does this have to do with the frequency, jamming or something else..not really sure...any help will be appreciated...thanks in advance...jus ask if ya need anymore info...

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
why is this in cosmetics? anywho that is alternator noise, they make filters for it i belive. check out www.crutchfield.com in the car audio accs. page and see what they have.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
that noise is engine noise.
getting /replacing your RCAs with better ones like the higher end of Monster Cable will do the trick. I had the same thing, and i got myself a pair of the Monster Cable ultra low noise cables and dont have a problem anymore.
Another soluction is..if you have an amp installed, run the RCAs on one side, and the power cable on the other side of the car. That should help too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts