Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently removed the rails on top of my Pathfinder 2011.

I noticed the threaded parts inside have some separation with respect to the thin plate that is the actual roof. I might try something at home depot with the same thread but I was wondering if NISSAN has some sort of special fastener with a dome shaped head and maybe a rubber gasket to prevent water from going inside.

I will upload a picture of the current screws I am using following this message.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lino

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,473 Posts
People who have done this to their R51 Pathfinders @ TheNissanPath.com have used clear silicone RTV and gotten a bolt from their local hardware store. Usually they'll get a round-headed, stainless steel bolt with an Allen recess from their local auto parts store. IIRC, it's 6Mx1.0 thread, but don't hold me to that!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks, I got some bolts from the home depot. M6 like you mentioned. I tried SS washers on top of rubber washers and the result was not that good in terms of the esthetics.

I placed an order with Mcmaster-Carr for 16 washers that might work better.

See attached picture of the washer and I will post the experiment results after.

Thanks,

Lino

Attachments

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,473 Posts
Might work. I would still get some clear RTV for the bolts of the threads, though. Just a little applied to the threads to make sure it's water-tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts