Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who actually makes the strut bars that courtesy nissan sells? Are they a Nissan or Nismo product or what?

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
They are not a N or N product.Just a plain bar.
They used to be the same. Now they seem to be from different makers. ie the bars are different each time they order. Don't know who their supplier is. They might email you a pic of the actual bar if you ask nicely.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's cool. The pic they have up now looks like one of those strut bar pics of Ebay.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
nothing really.

maybe the stiffness and the bendablility but other than that nothing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ebay strut towers work great! My chasis is real stiff on corners. My rear use to have over steer now its corrected..

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn't the stiffness and bendability the most important part of strut bars?

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Well,
THe bars aren't really 'not' supposed to bend. That isn't their function. THey act like a tube and are pusing laterally. Inotherwords the bar is being tensed side to side (from wheel well to wheel well), not up and down. Its like a straw from a soda. YOu can squish it with your fingers along its length, but to smash it from top to bottom is very difficult. That is why there is a dichotomy as to which is better, a straight bar, or one with bends in it that disperse the force. Besides, your weakest link in a strut bar usually isn't the bar, its the mounts that come with it.

Seth

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well will the ebay bars work well? I know they are cheap but really how much should it cost to make a bar with two mounts?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Bars.

The EBAY bars are fine. The only real difference are bars that mount to the strut toowers and to the firewal as well, to my knowledge no one make s off the shelf bar like that for our cars. Although it would be nice if they did.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I've seen what you are talking about. You see them on a lot of musclecars. That may have something to do with the large amount of tourqe they are laying down. That may not really be needed in our cars. I was wondering about that just the other day. Down here we have Crusing the Coast which has grown to be a huge event and I noticed a lot of old Camaro's and Mustang's with suspension bars that connect to the sides and to the firewall.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All I'm saying is that with more tourqe there is more chassis flex therefore more need of a firewall support. Especially when dealling with low end tourqe which as far as I know, is not plentiful in the ga16de or sr20de (or many four foreign four cylinder engines). The sr20de may have more tourqe than average but falls quite short of the earlier pushrod V8's of days long past. Also the late model mustangs are available with strut braces that connect to the firewall. I assume that has something to do with over 250lbs. of tourqe available in stock trim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts