Nissan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some fo you may recal, I have a suzuki samurai that some eon ahs swapped an A series Motor into. Id imagine a 1.2 do to there commonality. Now id preffer not to go pulling it all out till i decide exactly how I want to do this. My first option si to pull it out and chuck it in favor of a small v6 ford witha t-18 tranny. Now My first thoughts are, How big is the clutch disk in the A series? Whats the bolt patern Look liek to the bell housing, Any one have any measurements on it so i could shoot up a cad of an adapter. The first gear in the tranny mated to the a series is way way way to high in first gear and make shtis engine and tranny combo useless to me except for the fact that its litle and light. I wouldnt mind hooking it up to the t-18 so the 6.36:1 first gear would correct for this no problem. Also, how do I set the timing on this bad boy, and to what degrees before dead top center? Im not relay familiar with the nissan engines, other then for the fact that this one fits realy realy nicely. I Believe the timing is heavily advanced, as well it kicks backwhen starting, but once running has plenty of higehr rpm power but nothign down around 200rpm where i need it at start up. Im running alot of reduction also so that helps, its jsut still way to high in first and to reduce it in other places would kill my top end, as in no more 45 mph. Think anyone can fill me in on some more info, or should I jsut eb dropping in my v6 ford?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts