Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 HB 4x4 Ka24e, So I’ve been driving my truck for few months now. And it really seems to be using a lot of gas. I filled up the yesterday day after driving 44 miles and it took 4.9 gallons, I’ve drove 22 miles now and it’s already at the 3/4 mark.

I have also notice that I seem to have more power when engine is cold, once it is warmed up it just feels slower taking off. When driving up a mild hill say around 35mph Ill have to go to 2nd cause I’ll lose speed in 3rd.

Motor is a new rebuild with maybe 600 miles on it now. All new plugs,wires, cap and button.

Ecu shows that air/fuel mix is correct. Idle at around 750, but it still has a some what rough idle. Slight miss or shake in it.

Does anyone have ideal what could be my problem? I have messed with the throttle body, when rebuild, trying adjust the roller, so I did loosen the nut that I read some where before not to adjust that.

·
Software Developer
573 Posts
Monitoring the fuel gauge during a single tank of fuel is not a reliable way of measuring your fuel mileage. The float in the gas tank can stick and the voltage reading from the float height is not guaranteed to be linear. Fuel mileage is best tested by dividing the total number of miles driven on a tank of gas and how many gallons it took to refill that tank.

Also, you have a 4x4. Tire size makes a huge impact on fuel mileage.

Replacing the plugs, wires, cap and rotor does not guarantee that you will not have any electrical issues from those components. Sometimes the boots do not seat completely on the plugs, and sometimes the plug wires are just cheap. And what kind of plugs did you use? Champion plugs don't work in the Nissan engines. You need the NGK plugs.

You said the ECU shows that the air/fuel ratio is correct, but did you go into Diagnostic Mode 3 to look for error codes?

Injectors can also get stuck. If you recently rebuilt the engine, the injectors probably sat a while during this process. You could test the injectors or try running some fuel cleaner through the gas tank like this Liqui-Moly product:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPL8PSG/[/ame]

You mentioned adjusting the throttle body. Does that mean you have the KA24e engine?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is Ka24E engine, plugs are Nkg Iridium, coil is nkg, wires I don’t remember if I got nkg or not will have to check.
I want say they are nkg, but was disappointed cause they weren’t blue wires, Did Diagnostic Mode 1-4. Mode 3 had no stored codes. No engine light on.

Injectors I cleaned manually, before installing them. Hooking a tube up with a syringe full of sea foam and use a 9volt battery to shoot cleaner through it.

Could the throttle body be my problem? With power?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts