Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I have 2003 pathfinder with 201k miles and it had some issues.

1- The car get down or low from back when 3 persons get in the car, what is the issue it from the springs or shocks ?? what is the best shocks or springs I use the cars for off-road couple times in 1 year and always my family with me so in need a shocks or springs that would not make the car get low from back.

2- when I start to push on gas for above than 4000 rpm after some times the oil start to reduce

3- all electrical parts in the steering wheel ( horn, cruise control , radio control ) not working

and thanks in advance

·
Registered
161 Posts
1- The car get down or low from back when 3 persons get in the car, what is the issue it from the springs or shocks ??
It is not the function of shocks/dampers/isolators/dashpots to level the vehicle. They damp out "transients", like when going over a speed bump.

BTW, you can qualitatively test the shocks by pushing down momentarily on a corner of the car, see "critical damping".

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,229 Posts
Hello all,

I have 2003 pathfinder with 201k miles and it had some issues.

2- when I start to push on gas for above than 4000 rpm after some times the oil start to reduce

3- all electrical parts in the steering wheel ( horn, cruise control , radio control ) not working
2- Clarify this question.

3- Check the fuses.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,409 Posts
I think having the back end squat with three adults on the back of an R50 Pathfinder is pretty typical. Assuming the coil springs aren't broken or worn out, the best thing you can do is install a set of Airlift brand air bags. They are inexpensive, easy to install, and will level out the vehicle when it is loaded heavily.

As far as the other issue, I would check the charging system voltage while driving. Whereas it may be in spec at idle, it may not be charging sufficiently at higher RPM. I used to have a $10 voltmeter that plugged into the cigarette lighter socket that came in handy for this type of testing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts